huge bug bite right above my temple

furiousbob

i have this big bump right above my left temple and it's about 0.60 inch in diameter or roughly 2 cm in diameter. when i poke at it it doesnt hurt but when i squeeze it it hurts like no tmr. it doesnt appear to have any bite scars on it but i cant be sure. i pricked it with a clean needle and it bled blood with no mucus or anything. it's been there for about 1 and a half weeks now right after a night of hard whiskey drinkin. i've been putting neosporin on it every night but it doesnt help much. gah, in last case scenarios, how much do skin doctors cost for a checkup? (what are they called?) thanks, cya

A fat tick? put alcohol, baby oil on it. burn it (does it hurt , as in, are you sure its a bug, or like a blood blister) if it is a rather large tick, see a doctor becuase dependinfg where you live, if could be carrying a highly ionfectious disease.

I was going to say, why the hell haven't you been to the doctors yet, but you have to pay for it in the US though. Surely GP's don't charge do they (other than prescription)?

I always shake my head when people ask for pregnancy advice or something on a forum, rather than go to a clinic :) Get down the docs now!

In the US (where I live) a doctor's visit costs roughly $50, but in Kalifornia (which has a reputation for outrageous lawsuits over trivial things) it's probably much higher.

Those in Europe are probably sitting at their computers going :huh:

In America, if you don't have insurance (or can't afford it) you're essentially screwed by the system, many doctors here will refuse to see you if you don't have insurance.

And then you have the cost of medicine over here, and there is no limit to how high drug prices can go. My aunt ended up paying almost $400 for a prescription once (after the insurance subsidy)

A lot of senior citizens over here have to make the choice between food and medicine because of how high drug prices are over here

Isn't America great? <_<

yeah thats the thing, i'm smack dab in the middle of southern california and i dont have any insurance. i told my dad about it and he told me he'd take me to a dermatologist after i try using some ointment. man...that's gunna cost us though. meh whatevers, i'll let you all know what it turned out to be after i get back from the doctors.

Ive had something similar. You sure there is no pus in it? I've had these huge things that I gear on the side of my face near my ears that get bigger and bigger if I dont jab em with a needle and squeeze em. At first its jsuutally blood but then pus coems out, and it hurts liek hell. You gotta stick the needle pretty deep to cause it seems like its layered.

Boil maybe?

Health first, wealth (or lack thereof) later.

...or send the bill to your congressman... both me and several friends (when I used to live in the U.S.) have done this for various things, ranging from ambulance service bills (separate from the actual hospital bills) to pulled wisdom teeth, and *every single time* it helped! Sometimes with out-n-out funds, sometimes with a phone call from the politruk (or one of his aides I s'pose) to the hospital/clinic in question, and magically, a few days later we were informed about some "outreach program/insurance relief program/noncitizen health program" (strike out as appropriate).

M.

geezus phoenix, ure post scared me. i poked it one night and it was just blood, but the following day when i was at school, my friend told me i had pus in my hair. found out it was a mix of yellow stuff and blood. after playing with the bump, it sorta deflated a tiny tiny tiny bit. am i on the right track? should i see the dermo doctor first?

oh yeah marcus, i had an ambulance bill once, 900 bucks. sheesh. my mom was in the hospital ICU for two weeks before she passed away, i havnt gotten the bill yet. good thing she had insurance tho, i think we only have to pay 2 - 3 thousand.

This thread is sickening :-O Take pics, lol.

Yeah, the only thing I don't like here is the healthcare system....but it's not like I go to the doctors when I break/cut something anyways. And theres always Canada and Mexico for drugs :) Not the rip off perscription ###### they rape you with ehre.

Not to turn this into a poltical debate.

But John Edwards was a trial lawyer... and he was one of those lawyers that made millions sueing doctors, thus raising the cost of our health care. I don't think if he's elected we'll see reliefe any time soon.

Archived