FAMAS ROF

Pinkfloyd

Well, I'm looking at upping my ROF on my FAMAS to levels previously advised dangerous. My questions are twofold: will a FAMAS hold a 10.8v 4/5C large battery, and if so, do any of yall think this will kill my gun if I only use quick bursts? I've hooked up a homemade Burst-fire chip and it's working well on a 9.6v, but I want to up it to a 10.8v. Thanks,

~Floyd

A mini 10.8v cells will fit, but it will rip your gun to shreds. The FAMAS was built to use a 7.2v battery, and TM internals aren't very good at using higher than their build specs. Some made for an 8.4 can use a 9.6v, but it majorly cuts down reliability. Since a famas was made for 7.2, a 10.8 would be like running a TM M4 on a 12v. I very highly suggest not doing it.

A mini 10.8v cells will fit, but it will rip your gun to shreds. The FAMAS was built to use a 7.2v battery, and TM internals aren't very good at using higher than their build specs. Some made for an 8.4 can use a 9.6v, but it majorly cuts down reliability. Since a famas was made for 7.2, a 10.8 would be like running a TM M4 on a 12v. I very highly suggest not doing it.

thanks, I figured as much. 9.6 burst fire feels liek shooting semi but sending 3 pellets down range. I was looking for a true 3-shot-semi tho, so I wanted to try a 10.8v. Thanks anyway.

~Floyd

*Ahem*

I feel the need to point out that with only metal bushings and a couple of teeth off the back of the piston, a TM can handle 12v, easily. I don't have the link right now (I'[m on windows, the link is on by ubuntu install <_<) but there's a documented example of a guy ROF-whoring a TM M4 S-System, including a 12v battery.

The internals were fine.

But the FAMAS is a special kind of TM gun when it comes to gear ratio, motor and ROF.

The motor is high torque, the gears high-speed. This results in a ROF at 1.000 rounds per minute using an 8,4V battery.

There is no manual or other confirmed information the FAMAS was designed for 7,2 V batteries.

Increasing the FAMAS ROF to a higher ROF just by using a stronger batterie will kill your piston within 10.000 rounds.....by ripping of the first teeth. This is normal for standard pistons in ultra high-speed weapons. ;) Get a re-inforced one and you should be fine

The Famas only has an eg560... the reason for that awesome rate of fire is the high speed gears it comes with. The version 1 mechbox rarely gets damaged or broken cause they're practically indestructable. So my recommendation if you really really want to do this is to get another set of gears, and maybe switch out the motor for a newer one, like eg 1000 (goes for about 35 american) so that you have a more durable motor, and you could replace the gears if they break (and, logic would imply, go back to a lower voltage)

I just borrowed my teammate's 10.8v battery for a quick test on my FAMAS, and it worked, albiet it did not result in the result I wanted. I have been using a 9.6v, and the difference wasn't all that great. The gun did, however, jam within a few rounds and i decided that it just wasn't worth trying to force the poor thing.

Archived