"Full metal Springers"

snowman

I know must people here look down their noses at springers, but the full metal ones at RSOV look interesting (not least because the include a PPK and a Tokarev).

Has anyone included one of these in a deal from RSOV? Are they any good (as springers go)?

Cheers.

I was in skegness a few weeks back, where a friend bought a cheapo "galaxy" colt 25. Unsure if Galaxy is the same same "galaxy" company that make the cloned MP5K ages, but it was full metal and a pretty good shooter. Ecspecially for £8!

Edit: just checked rsov, its this:

http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?produ...4b384971ece1527

Its quite a weighty piece :)

I have a pair of the Tokarevs. I bought them mainly for a prop, but they really are awful. Almost all of the details are incorrect. The mag looks like a weird double stack, the back of the grip is curved instead of straight, the trigger is hooked instead of straight (like a Berreta 92 instead of a 1911), the slide is way shorter than it should be, the hammer is angled wrong, and everything looks to be incorrectly sized compared to Modern Firearms. The one I have came with a horrible rail in front of the trigger guard, but I guess not all come like that. The magazine is really thin and brittle plastic, and the metal is worse than KJW's.

I was in skegness a few weeks back, where a friend bought a cheapo "galaxy" colt 25. Unsure if Galaxy is the same same "galaxy" company that make the cloned MP5K ages, but it was full metal and a pretty good shooter. Ecspecially for £8!

Edit: just checked rsov, its this:

http://www.rsov.com/product_info.php?produ...4b384971ece1527

Its quite a weighty piece :)

awesome, lol I'm off to skeggy :D

I have a pair of the Tokarevs.  I bought them mainly for a prop, but they really are awful.  Almost all of the details are incorrect.  The mag looks like a weird double stack, the back of the grip is curved instead of straight, the trigger is hooked instead of straight (like a Berreta 92 instead of a 1911), the slide is way shorter than it should be, the hammer is angled wrong, and everything looks to be incorrectly sized compared to Modern Firearms.  The one I have came with a horrible rail in front of the trigger guard, but I guess not all come like that.  The magazine is really thin and brittle plastic, and the metal is worse than KJW's.

theyre made by bell. the same company that make the metal clamshell G3s.

my friends brother got the bell MP5K springer. apparently the body had huge gaps in it and felt like it was made out of pig iron and had huge blocks of lead inside. the trigger mag and cocking handle were poor plastic. basicly everything that doesnt really need to be metal was, and the stuff that really ought to be metal wasnt.

just avoid stuff by bell. galaxy seem ok, i'd be interested to find out some info about the cyma broomhandle and the 1911 sounds promising from gunner's words

Archived