Computer help needed

twiglet

Ok I've just bought Bioshock and some of you might have heard me winging about it not working in the rant thread, well I've got it working now but when playing it lags badly its giving a frame rate of about 2 per second which isn't much use in a first person shooter.

What are the best ways to speed things up, is it just get a better graphics card or are there other ways, any info greatfully received.

Ok I've just bought Bioshock and some of you might have heard me winging about it not working in the rant thread, well I've got it working now but when playing it lags badly its giving a frame rate of about 2 per second which isn't much use in a first person shooter.

What are the best ways to speed things up, is it just get a better graphics card or are there other ways, any info greatfully received.

Does it even meet the basic system requrements? What settings do you have the game on?

i you have anything less than 2 gig ram with Vista your gonna lag like biatch as its running vista in the background go back to XP if you can otherwise set your computers preferences to run best performance rather than best look and set your startup options to only the VERY important things so get rid of all the non important things like windows live messenger and things like that. hope that helps

Thats cutting it close for Vista two, 2GB of RAM is almost needed on Battlefield 2 on XP and that was about 2 years ago. Just throw away Vista and reinstall XP and you can get about 10 fps back on some games. There was also a Nvidia Beta Patch that had some hotfixes for Bioshock that you should have gotten, assuming you own an Nvidia card which we dont even know for sure.

Archived