.45 Glock

Vamp V^^V

Just so you know, the actual .45 ACP Glock 21 (not .45 GAP) is quite a bit larger than the G17 size pistols which covers the 9mm, .357 SIG, .40 and .45 GAP cartriges.

It's one of the major reasons why it did'nt take off in the Law Enforcement market like the more compact G17 and the .45 GAP cartridge was developed as a result.

If you are interested in making a G17 look more like a G37 (.45 GAP), you have to first be aware, that the slide is actually wider than the frame on that pistol and the slide release is also a bit different. There's nothing out there to solve those problems.

However, if you could get a hold of someone who could do engraving for you, I'd get a hold of a HFC G17 slide as they are completely blank, as is the barrels chamber block, and have the work done.

That entire slide assembley will fit on the TM G17 and works quite well. I do this when I want to shoot green gas out of my TM G26 Advance.

You could probably do the same by using a KWA G17 slide as they are blank, have the engraving done and use it on a KSC/KWA pistol.

It's the only solution I can think of.

Your best and most inexpensive bet would be to look locally for a custom engraver. A small operation is not likely to turn down business, as long as you explained that it's a replica and what it's being used for. If you can't find someone locally, maybe try www.theqproject.com , they do custom laser work on gbb slides. I'm not sure about custom trades, but they were willing to touch up the pre-existing trades on my KJW P226 (which isn't liscensed by Sig Sauer.)

Copywrite laws are hard to enforce in such a case, since it's a one-off job and cops don't raid trophy shops looking for copywrite infringement offenses.

Archived