Non-Military Camo

Frakk2k

I use a russian leshy suit, very similar.

I've seen the above jacket used before but it didnt seem to work very well probne as i think it was designed formore hunting type shooting stances, the three dimentionall 'leaves' well rather flat when prone.

Leshy....

Leshy.jpg

Leshy3.jpg

167667205_d7c9500b32.jpg

167667147_d912caf9d7.jpg

Leshy suit is £80 on average.

The big advantage is that its on amesh base so you dont overheat in it, even on hot days.

Hood has a cam mesh face veil built in too.

Unlike ghillies it doens t snag on foliage either so you can run quite freely and as you can see bizzarly it blends in ok in rubble too.

I quite often gamein mine at urban and woodlans and most folk say once i crouch or go prone im invisible.

As effective as any ghilli IMO with regards to cam, but much better suited to airsoft as it allows you rapid mobility and doenst make you sweat.

Maybe its your eyes mate, look at the second pic where i'm crouching in the grass, how is that standing out loads? :)

Here you are heres some better pics of it in action.

leshy at 35 metres

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/leshy_ambush%20(1).jpg

leshy at 20 metres

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/leshy_ambush%20(2).jpg

leshy at 10 metres

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/leshy_ambush%20(2).jpg

actual location

http://www.rusmilitary.com/images/leshy_ambush%20(4).jpg

I think my mum had a dress a bit like mossy oak once...

in all seriosness its far too terrain specific for me.

Greta if you go hunting in the same woods each week but i like to go from site to site across theuk and not stay in any one place, thats why military cam designed to fit a multitude of environments is better for me.

Yes, I use non military camo, espescially hunting patterns.

Advantage. Mossy Oak. Realtree. Mixing it up is best. turn yourself into lots of different objects to fool the eye.

One of the "6mm Hunters" has a suit similar to the design you first pointout. It is a lighter base colour and has had elastics added all over to add local camo (foliage). In fact, it's him in my signature below and in the link provided. (plug ;) )

I recommend a lighter base for ghillies. That way you can look more like a bush with gaps that let light through... rather than the common effect of looking solid. Study how the eye looks at natural surroundings and what fools it. Looking 3d is what counts.... looking like part of you is much further away than other parts certainly works... you might not get me. Maybe I have spent too long in the forest :P .

EDIT: I don't really rate the suit in the pictures that highly (I've played against one before). If you look at the pictures... the top ones show how it is way too dark against more backgrounds. The picture of it in the advert is very funny. When it says if you can't see him now youy are "dead".... yet his vision/shot looks blocked by the bush and small sapling with protector. Also note, the foliage in the advert is very dark and evergreen in nature (look at the grass). This shows how the suit looks more restricted than the advantage base I use (lighter is better IMO).

Good Hunting ;)

I'm not saying it doesn't work. I'm saying it is limited in what backgrounds/environments it will work in. Remember that I've played against people who have used all different types of camo (including your own). They work great in areas with evergreen holly bushes etc...

I guess I'm saying that your silhouette needs to be concealed by dark/thick foliage and you would not look much different in the prone picture, if you were just wearing combats. If you conceal your face better you would notice improvement in concealment.

The mossy oak jacket in the initial picture is also too dark IMO. It would suit autumn and winter months far more than the greener seasons.

Good hunting ;)

I guess I'm saying that your silhouette needs to be concealed by dark/thick foliage and you would not look much different in the prone picture, if you were just wearing combats. If you conceal your face better you would notice improvement in concealment.

Good hunting ;)

Yeah im aware of that, i used to teach fieldcraft for the Britsh Army, the point of the pic is the effectiveness of the suit not my perosnal cam, if i had perosnal cam on and used the veil you wouldnt see anyting there at all.

I'm not prone, im coruching low btw, its just very good cam...

i see one problem with buying a specific "manufactured" ghillie sorta suit. you have to make sure that it matches your environment, and it may not match all through the year. with a traditional ghillie, you can adapt it to your area, and adapt it to the seasons.

im not putting down the leshy suits as i didnt precisely know where you were in those pictures. however i think that any normal camo+ a bit of fieldcraft could have done just as well. still good suits though. me likes

edit: i agree with bushman. i always get spotted/ spot people because they are dark shapes, and dark shapes that look like people. even though my area is quite dense and dark woodland im going to add lots (not too much :P) of natural light brown hessian to my concealment vest to mke it a bit more like the colours of auscam (should be called invisicam where i play) so that my shadowy figure isnt atracting anyones eye.

Archived