Sci-Fi AEG with working shot counter

Atomic

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply
haha oh, i thought it was Atomic

i'm guessing that's an acronym for something? x.x;

Origonal Poster.

Sometimes refered to as Thread Starter, but i have never seen TS used on arnies, so stick with OP ^^.

I aggree with the above, do not mod the springer to fit in the nerf body, mod the nerf body to fit the springer. That way the gun will allways work.

That looks much better. Aesthetically, I'd say the only thing I'm not a fan of on it is the "NERF" logo. I would have removed that myself. Other than that, the rest looks awesome! I even like the "LONGSHOT" logo on the side.

Very nicely done!

Edit: you may also want to try switching the pistol grip to another non-standard M4 style grip... A MIAD might look really good.

Daaamn. Now it looks a whole lot better.

I agree with removing the "Nerf" on the gun. Other than that, it looks great. If I were you, I'd put a narrow strip of caution lines at edge of the gun's front. Anyways, looks awesome now.

Would you say that thing is fragile or do you find yourself using care when handling it? I know that with some guns, you can confidently throw it around, but with others, you tend to be a little more careful just because they feel fragile for whatever reason.

A MIAD is a great idea. I was looking at pistol style grips and also considering a G27 (especially since element has now released them for like, a nickel).

Body #2 will start with the entire gun matte black, possibly the rubberized paint, will have the "Nerf" removed, rails screwed over the "Longshot" plates and a laser mounted in front in the obvious place.

Caution lines would look very 40K (and I've done Orks in power armor with those stripes on the claw) so it's a definite potential.

It's not really fraglie, I'm not afraid to skirmish with it, but a drop from a few feet onto a hard surface would probably damage the body since it's now so much heavier than it's original nerf, and has been comprimised severly with a dremel. I am having a hard time attaching a sling, since I don't feel anywhere is strong enough to support all it's weight.

Archived