How do i fit my bipod and RIS covers?

Handsome Pete

I recieved my G&G sr25 yesterday. I also purchased a G&G bipod to go on it. To fit the bipod i presume i have to remove the small pin from the bipod and pass it through the bipod adaptor hole on the weapon then bk to the bipod, am i correct?

Also with the RIS covers, ive put one on but its only gone half way along the RIS system. Sorry these sound like noob questions but i dont wanna break anything considering it cost me over £300. cheers.

Pics below. 1 shows the bipod and hole...can't seem to remove that pin to fit it in. 2 shows one of the RIS covers. I put 2 on fine but this one is stuck and the wrong way round. Any ideas how to remove? 3 is a query as how to remove the pin/stud (the one whitened by the flash). Cheers.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e99/BM6789/shit1.jpg

shit2.jpg

shit1.jpg

Yes i discovered they were cosmetic, cheers. Ive taken it down fine now. Opened up the gearbox to put in an upgraded spring which proved rather frustarting, however once in i found i couldn't put the 'lid' back on it. so i removed the spring and it still wont go on. Below are pics of the mech box, does everything look in place?

takesdown2.jpg

takesdown4.jpg

Also the bipod is this one:

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...NB22_cat_Bipods

cheers.

Everything looks put together fine but the antireversal latch looks a little large (it may just be the picture) but idk if it upside down or something. Make suer all your wires are in it and make sure the two trigger parts are inside the mechbox. If that doesnt work just take it down and put everythign back in. Once you get the top mostly on, you can use pliers to puch the parts together if it gets hard to do by hand

Concerning the gearbox just make sure all the gear and anti-reversal latch axles are lined up, piston is on its rail and the wires are in their channels.

Have you got a shim on the anti-reversal latch because it doesn't need one. Are you sure it hasn't come off another gear when you took it apart and it dropped free?

Concerning the bipod, does the metal bracket drop into the bipod adaptor. I'm refering to the block that has the spigot sticking out of it onto which the bipod mounts.

Can you do a photo of the otherside of the block the surface that is lying face down in the WGC photo?

Managed to close the gear box nd put it back together. Fired it with without the top reciever on etc and the fuse gave out a bright flash nd blew. Im a man of short temper when it comes to things like this so im stepping away. Gonna ask a team mate to look at it. Oh why arent things simple!!!????? cheers for everyones help. ill give an update soon.

about the fuse burning out it is common if you have a upgrade spring . when upgrade the gun you also upgrade the fuse .

about the thing getting in the way of the bipod it looks like you can unscrew the stud that it going into it then knock out the pin

and it appears that the new bipod screws into the ris

Regarding the bipod, I figure you have the versapod style. With that in mind you are right in thinking the u shaped adaptor would have the pin removed, slot either side of the stud on the gun, and then be attached on to the stud with said pin.

However, you will find that the adaptor on your SR25 is ideally for a harris type bipod. I assume that your versapod has come with the handstop mounting part e.g. here versa_pod_adapter-175x141.jpg which isn't really intended for use with a RIS mounted bipod adaptor.

You would be better off with one like this instead : KA-ACC-BA-01.jpg

That allows you just fit the adaptor to the gun, then the bipod to the adaptor. No need to effectively use two adaptors then and end up with a poor fit. I have one for sale, drop me a pm if you are interested :P

Archived