Need help with Graphite coated bbs

angelmaker

Paint. :)

or you can wash them, and they'll turn greenish.

Thats what I did with mine. Get an old sock you dont want (because its going to go all grey and you'll never want to wear it again), throw it in the washing machine (dont wash anything else with it), put some of the cleaner liquid or whatever you use to wash clothes in, and wash on cold for about 30-45 mins. The bbs will be undamaged, and all the graphite will be gone, though if there is some residue, you should be able to rub it off with your fingers (no residue on mine)

Or you could always buy the uncoated 0.36g bb's, which are white anyway?

Please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me please don't flame me

;)

Ah you didn't mention that you actually had them in your posession, and at no expense either! Serious post coming up:

As I understand it, washing the BB's well enough should return them to their original colour. Or as close as they will get to it. But having said that, assuming you have your scope correctly zero'd, hop unit and rubber in good condition, and are taking carefully aimed shots you should find that you'll be able to track the BB's adequately enough.

Wash them and dry them until you can't get any more graphite off, and then use them. You might be surprised ;)

Graphite WILL affect both your hopup and your barrel. It'll leave nasty grey residue all over the place. Try cleaning your barrel after a few shots with graphite coated bbs, the cloth/tissue will come out black.

how did you wash the ones you have now?

because they'll never go white by washing, the plastic used is greenish grey. as long as they arent shiny anymore then you'll know you've washed away all the graphite. If they're still shiny, keep washing.

digicon makes white and grey .36 (plastic)

i still dont understand why people wash off the coating... that just loses its weight so it's more like .30 or something... i dont know exactly how much weight you lose but you're definately losing some weight there... might as well buy heaviest plastics you can find...

and i agree with bushman there. i'd just stay with the ones that already come without any coating... keeps your hop and barrel clean and saves alot of time and hassle with the stuff coming off it.

none the less, if washing it gives you more effective range and much better accuracy, go for it... i dont know if it does or not but personally i wont put that much hassle in the ammo... i already use the plastic .36 that does me a treat. just waiting to find myself some plastic ammo that's maybe .43 or something along those lines to try out... but i'm very comfortable with .36 at the mo with my rifle at 500fps on .20

still... why not buy .36 in whites?

cost the same and you can follow the shot in much better... which is what you intended right? and you wont need to wash it. and dry it. well i donnow... do you polish as well?

Archived