Recommendations for chrono?

Ming

If you're willing to splash 80 quid on one then the guarder speed 2000 chrono is pretty good, its got nice big hole to shoot through. There's also the Madbull one out soon of a similar design but apparently that's also going to have a rate of fire function too, nothing known for sure on the price but I'd expect it to be similar to the gaurder.

If you're willing to splash 80 quid on one then the guarder speed 2000 chrono is pretty good, its got nice big hole to shoot through. There's also the Madbull one out soon of a similar design but apparently that's also going to have a rate of fire function too, nothing known for sure on the price but I'd expect it to be similar to the gaurder.

Now that sounds like the sort of form factor I need... Thanks!

My Combro never fails.

Mine does now :-( A stray pellet would appear to have knocked out one of the sensors :-(

My Combro never fails.

Mine does. Sometimes I get really good really consistant readings out of it, then a minute later it'll start varying by 100fps, obviously this happens while using the same gun through it...

Mine does now :-( A stray pellet would appear to have knocked out one of the sensors :-(

^^ That, I reckon, is what my problem is - I sorted that by taping the combro onto my gun B) which works really well until you forget its on the front of your guna nd you rest the barrel of your weapon against something to have a look at the stock, putting the full weight of your gun on a combro means it doesn't like you for a couple of days :(

guarder speed 2000 internal battery barely functioned from day it came out the box, display started to pack in within a couple of months and whole thing lost its marbles in less than a year - add to that from what I remember the power setting wasnt calibrated to .20s leaving you with just metres and feet per second functions of any real use. Not saying its typical but for cost of the unit wasnt overly impressed

I've had a fair few chrono's over the years. Some, far more impressive than others.

1: Combro - small, easy to use, fiddly to line up

2: Satellite "BB checker" - decent enough quality, can programme in the BB weight to give you a readout in Joules, *fruitcage* fiddly to align if the muzzle isnt either 14mm +ve or -ve (screw the sensor onto the gun), useful BB's per second function. Only reads out in M/S, so you'll need to convert to FPS

3: Shooting Chrony F1 - great for doing a whole chain of shots and making it easy to work out shot-to-shot variance. Needs external lights to work, won't work under fluorescent lighting, so you have to shell out on the additional special lighting set.

4: CED Chrono - The best, bar none - this is the benchmark against which others are measured. NOT cheap. Definitely on the bulky side!

5: Guarder chrono. Simple, works. Sometimes gave dodgy results compared to the CED.

guarder speed 2000 internal battery barely functioned from day it came out the box, display started to pack in within a couple of months and whole thing lost its marbles in less than a year - add to that from what I remember the power setting wasnt calibrated to .20s leaving you with just metres and feet per second functions of any real use. Not saying its typical but for cost of the unit wasnt overly impressed

Mine has been running strong for about a year now. I know the joules are not calibrated for any weight, so it is an easy adjustment for any weight bb just multipy by the weight you are using.

if you want a rough guide you can build a chrono using a pivot, with an impact plate and a bit of maths

you just have to find something that BB'swill stick to when shot that you can reuse

I'm not sure if the low energy involved with airsoft would mean the friction in the system would makeit a pointless idea though (after all it's the method created for doing a chrono with muskets)

Vote for my Chronotar.

As a shoot through Chronograph, it does everything the shooting chrony does pretty much (no remote display option), but works fine under a single 100W bulb! Also doesn't have any problems with pistols or AEGs.

Didn't cost more than £50 imported from Canada and Chronotar sent a replacement display and a lexan screen when I killed the original with my FAMAS! doh!!! :)

Not entirely sure they're still made, but it was great value, works well and is going strong.

Only thing you could ask for extra is ROF, but that's not really what chronos were designed for.

Cheers.

Archived