Looking at buying a 1911 or hi-cappa

Mr.Hyde

Hello all,

I am looking at buying a 1911 and don't know which one to buy. I was looking at the TM, but the gas cap turned me off a bit. And the WA guns are great but why is the FPS so low? I really liked the WA Hardballer, that was so dam sexy.

Thank again

The WA and WE is only intendet as a show peaces.

The TM is one of the best shooting guns at the marked, ever.

Strong, sharp and extremly snappy BlowBack. (Seriusly Strong)

It shoots dead straight, perhaps the best HopUp system and rubber.

Big magazine, loads of gas. Shoots okay down to below 10C degrees. Shoots after 1h at 5C, not perfect but the system works, sends the pellet flying and reloads.

WA feals plastic, shoots okay but is way to expensive.

The guns is not sturdy and strong enough build.

The WE...

Is a masive peace of metal. This sounds good, but is the major problem with this gun.

The weight is the problem. The slide is slow and sloppy (vesus the TM) and uses a lot of gas to power. This make the gun seriusly prone to cooldown problems.

The gun only works above 20C on GreenGas or RedGas.

Below 20C slide motion dont reload the gun, and gas leaks.

A lot of first time Airsofters buy the WE and thinks that it must be good, as it is all metal.

And if you don't know any better the WE might shoot okay.

Some might by the WA as they have alle the exotic versions, but end of with a expensive plastic gun, that dont shoots as well as the TM.

They looks good on a shelf, but sucks in the field.

Somthing you first know after using a good KSC og TM pistol.

I'm sorry but I'm gonna have to completely disagree with you on your description of WAs. I can honestly say that my WA Kimber feels more real than any other plastic pistol that I've ever dealt with. I've shown it several people that are in intimate contact with pistols on a daily basis and they were impressed when they realized it was plastic.

I don't know where you got your information about the WAs but of the three that I own, only one is performing significantly less efficiently than the three TMs that I own. However, that said, I don't think that the WA is a good first choice. They can be more finicky, and unless you are comfortable putting in a high flow valve you should probably stick to 134A, which most people don't want to do because of the loss of FPS.

I've absolutely no prolonged experience with the WEs, but the experience I do have with one of the other versions did not leave me with a very high impression of them. The thing couldn't get through half a mag before it ran out of gas, the metal was too heavy which created very sluggish kickback, and it just didn't feel very good in my hand (plus the fact that the back sight is cast into the slide, which is something to think about if you plan on putting another slide on it). Granted there has been a new version released I believe which supposedly fixes some of the problems, but I'll be skeptical until I can use one of them.

TMs on the other hand I have plenty of experience with. My first three replica pistols were TMs and they are all still running strong. I've two P226s, and a Hicapa 5.1. All of them shoot extremely well, very accurate, and hard hitting. Yes they are plastic, but I'm the type of person who is going to be converting them to all metal anyways so that isn't a big deal to me.

TM currently makes the best stock 1911 available right now. Can take green with no problems. Accurate and powerful. I have a review up here.

Western Arms are much higher quality externally, and shoot great, but the currently available models (mostly SCW3) are not as robust for green gas use. I would steer clear unless you find a good SCW2 or earlier model.

KSC/KWA have a generally decent model out right now. Very high power, metal slide or full metal depending on the model. Here is a review of a KWA. It is the same as a metal slide, version II KSC.

I just acquired two WE 1911s for testing and general tuning. There is a review of the Compact model up here which can give you some basic info on them. The 1911s are very different from a manufacturing standpoint from the older Hi Capa models.

Of them all, I still like TM best.

i would strongly recomend a tm. i own a hi-capa 4.3 and like this gun stock better than any other gun i have ever owned (including a heavily upgraded ksc, not kwa, g18c) immagine how good it will be upgraded? tm's are the least realistic of the high quality airsoft manufacturers (as far as i know anyway), but they have the best performing, and most consistently good products i know of. anyway, i would recomend a tm over any other airsoft brand when it comes to pistols.

Ya I have a TM desert eagle and it is great indeed. The only WA gun I'm really considering is the AMT Hardballer. The gun was used in the first Terminator movie, and boy is it nice looking. I will have a ksc g23f and tanaka .44 magnum so gaming wise I think I'm pretty set. I also haven't had a project gun yet and I think that would be fun.

I'll have to agree with duckling. The TM is the gaming pistol, WE is best used to throw at people you don't like or as a door stopper. The WA... well, the S&W1911PD I have is definitely one of the best looking weapons I have been in contact with. It is truly a very fine gun, shoots nice and straight with very narrow groupings. The problem is that where the BB capacity is 23 rounds the gas capacity is only good for 12 rounds. Now the TM M1911A1 which is also one of the nicest pieces I have worked on suffers from the same problem. Single stack magasines (in the RS) version are just not good for airsoft replicas. Go for a model with a double stacked magasine (in the RS version) like the hi-capa, and keep it in stock condition unless you have to much money on your hand. Just change the piston head to a shooters design and get out skirmishing.

Archived