CBR600RR or YZFR6R

Hewes

CBR or R6  

19 members have voted

1. 1. Please choose

• R6
    • CBR

My bro wants to buy an 07-08 plate bike (brand new, but he hates the CBR 08 designs)

Thing is, he likes them both, but can't decide which one to get, he has a slight problem with his knee (it hurts being cramped up in the sports positon too long, but short periods are fine) and the insurance is the same on both (group 16 I believe).

So i'm putting it to the people to decide for him

Cheers :)

R6- http://www.phmotorcycles.co.uk/bikes/yamaha-yzf-r6.html

CBR- http://www.phmotorcycles.co.uk/bikes/honda-cbr600rr.html

07 CBR- http://thekneeslider.com/archives/2006/09/...honda-cbr600rr/ (the design he likes)

I lurrrve Yamahas but...for petes sake, tell him to get the CBR. The R-Shorty (for the short exhaust) is an absolutely barking mad piece of kit that revs higher than Moto GP bikes. Its a bleeding deathtrap.

CBR will have safer handling (although still VERY capable) and wont try to kill him every time he winds on.

How do,

Been riding quite a long time now (don't have a car licence).

Out of that bunch I would go for the CBR, the R6 is ok but to be honest you would get more life out of the CBR, I hear once you turn to the dark side you won't regret it.

What type of riding is he doing? Just fun runabouts? commuting? The CBR is a bit uncomfortable for me what about a Kawasaki 6r or 10R?

How much riding time does your bro have mate?

Cheers

Rich

- Currently on a K5 SV650S looking for a new bike this year as well...

get the R6 more fun looks better and sure it might try to kill you (ive ridden one so i know) but isnt that the point of a sports bike if he wanted safe he'd be buying a volvo and i have a mxer so i find defying death kinda fun :D

:o

Id definitely say to get a CBR if thats what an R6 does to your punctuation... :P

I'd own a Ducati if I enjoyed cleaning oil spots off my garage floor.

Guzzis are brilliant for that, too.

In fact as Ive taken my name from one, I really should just start ignoring people at random intervals, refuse to do anything especially when its important that I do something, and periodically pee on the carpet.

Remember, breakdowns = character ;) Italian bikes are FULL of character!

You don't do that already? :P

Seriously though I debated buying an old Ducati for about a minute, then realized how much trouble old Japanese bikes give me. Figured it probably needed imported oil, in addition to its ability to take a dump on me whenever it felt so inclined.

the 848 is still quite a looker though. Its just coming out in the US, but has Europe had it for a while?

Then spend the next 12 months trying to keep the electrics electrifying and the clutch clutching till he gets fed up and leaves it in a ditch for the next unlucky owner :D

ducatis don't go wrong if you change the oil and tighten the chain every month its a performance bike it needs to be looked after

"Id definitely say to get a CBR if thats what an R6 does to your punctuation... "

are you so sad that you need to pick at my lack of english skills to make yourself sound cool, GET A LIFE!

after owning an aprillia for a year, i WILL NEVER get another italian sportsbike, for that matter, i will never get an italian automobile of any sorts!

neither me or my brother like the riding position of the ZX6R and the new gixers exhaust looks awful! besides my mate has a gixer 6 and he doesn't want to have the same as him!

my bro (identical twin) wont be able to afford the insurance on a 10R :(

might get one at a later date tho! :)

"Id definitely say to get a CBR if thats what an R6 does to your punctuation... "

are you so sad that you need to pick at my lack of english skills to make yourself sound cool, GET A LIFE!

Sounds like its had an affect on your sense of humour too. If you think THATS picking at you, youve obviously never seen a real biker.

I even added a smiley so even the dumbest person should have known I was joking. Unfortunately, I got you.

If this offends, read my sig.

I'd own a Ducati if I enjoyed cleaning oil spots off my garage floor.

Oh come on, in order to see them you'd have to take your eyes off the bike, and that just isn't possible!

According to your profile Hewes you're 18, so does that mean that your brother is on a restricted 33bhp licence? Or is he buying the bike when the restriction ends? If it'll be restricted, then I wouldn't get either of those, he'd be better off with something torquier and less revvy. If it won't be restricted though, then I'd recommend getting test rides on both of them before he starts to favour one of them particularly, otherwise he might be prepared to overlook an issue with it that could become a major problem for him.

Either way, I wouldn't buy a new bike just yet, wait a couple of months and he'll probably be able to pick one up with a fairly significant discount.

And according to your profile ghostsniper, you're 16. It seems unlikely that you have much experience of the R6....

Graham

Sounds like its had an affect on your sense of humour too. If you think THATS picking at you, youve obviously never seen a real biker.

I even added a smiley so even the dumbest person should have known I was joking. Unfortunately, I got you.

If this offends, read my sig.

okies sense of humour failiure on that day and yes riding a crosser does have detramental affects on your mental abilities flying headfirst at trees and so on and so forth :D and as you say you ride a guzzi and i ride honda but its a crosser so its a different affair realy

Yeah, he is on a 33bhp restriction, but at p and h, he can get a free restrictor kit and it can also be easily removed (not that either of us will ever do that :rolleyes: ) :)

crossers are a totally different breed of bike, i prefer road bikes (as does my bro)

okies sense of humour failiure on that day and yes riding a crosser does have detramental affects on your mental abilities flying headfirst at trees and so on and so forth :D and as you say you ride a guzzi and i ride honda but its a crosser so its a different affair realy

In my defence, y'honour, I also have an FZR1000, and 2 other Japanese bikes. Buying the Guzzi was a moment of weakness, but Im on the straight and narrow now!

Peace :)

Yeah, he is on a 33bhp restriction, but at p and h, he can get a free restrictor kit and it can also be easily removed (not that either of us will ever do that :rolleyes: ) :)

An R6 on a 33hp restrictor? HA! HAHA! HAhahahahahahahahahahahaahhaahaaaaaaa.

How I would laugh to see that try and beat my fizzbomb at the Traffic Light GP!

Seriously dude...I went from an RXS100, to a Guzzi V50 (ace handling, no bloody power) to an FZR in the space of 2 months. Within a further 2 months, Id put it through 2 'emergency parking' situations, the second of which saw me 65ft in a cornfield.

For the love of whoever you worship, dont let him get EITHER of those bikes as a first serious machine. Especially, with cherries on top, especially not the R6.

Archived