Battery in M4 stock tube

Handsome Pete

I'm looking into a project of fitting a battery into the stock tube if my CA M15a4 carbine. I have a RIS forgrip and detest PEQ's and crane stocks. The other option is having a stock pouch on the side but this would get in the way when changing shooting hands etc. So the idea would be to drill a hole through the bottom back of the reciever (just under where the stock tube meets the body). Wiring would fit through then with another hole in the begining of the stock tube drag the wiring through and connect up with a battery.

I think stick batteries ae too long to fit in the stock tube unless they were modded some how. And a 9v might be a bit of a squeeze. Any ideas? Is this insane? Any comments nd advice be much appreciated.

I'm sorry that I can't be more help than this, but I can offer you good news.

It CAN be done, I've seen it. My airsoft gunsmith did a cstom job on his M4 PTW so that like you, he didn't have to use a battery box, or a crane stock.

As it happens, I kinda like the crane stock, so I didn't pay too much attention. But it does exist, and can be replicated.

with 11.1v lipos by firefox or element. they will stick out of the standard stock tube a a bit though, so you can get a buttpad or just extend your stock to hid it. Also G&P now market a 6 position stock tube for lipos where theres more space so the entire lipo can be stored in the tube. As for the wire set up, just use the same method that you described above (which is the same as how crane battery stock wires are setup)

ca m15 5 position stock+fire fox lipo

IMG_1026copy.jpg

IMG_1027copy.jpg

a&k 6 position stock

IMG_1023copy.jpg

IMG_1024copy.jpg

IMG_1025copy.jpg

Archived