The new osprey assault vest

pux

hey mate, the vests in that pic aren't ospreys, they are the new Load Carrying Tactical Vest produced by CQC

but that doesnt matter as i doubt they are produced in normal DPM at all, as Big Al said.

however, take a look http://www.pointmangear.com/index.php?type=22

that should do it for you

hey mate, the vests in that pic aren't ospreys, they are the new Load Carrying Tactical Vest produced by CQC

but that doesnt matter as i doubt they are produced in normal DPM at all, as Big Al said.

however, take a look http://www.pointmangear.com/index.php?type=22

that should do it for you

Soz Tom was told it was meant for the osprey armour so we just call it that at work :P as for that link you have just showed me your a bad man looks like im going to be pretty skint soon :P :P

Having seen these the quality is quite poor, the pouches look like they are to fall apart! Plus I found them surprisingly hot for something designed for the desert. I personally used a tactical tailor vest when I was last out there, with all manor of pouches from different manufacturers. Most of my guys were still using Arkis and Webtec vests out there in green, so your money hasn't been wasted!

Having seen these the quality is quite poor, the pouches look like they are to fall apart! Plus I found them surprisingly hot for something designed for the desert. I personally used a tactical tailor vest when I was last out there, with all manor of pouches from different manufacturers. Most of my guys were still using Arkis and Webtec vests out there in green, so your money hasn't been wasted!
Hey Twig intresting as i have used my wyvern assault vest out there and it was the dogs danglies, just now we have been issued these cqc assault vest i like the way you can chnage it to suit our own needs instead of having a standard set way!!! I have been looking at a DUTCH MARINE version. And as i spend most my life in a vehicle now my poor old trusty belt kit has been put away for a rainy day now. :o

Twig are you saying that the Wyvern is bad? Or the Osprey? :unsure:

By the way, welcome back Pux :) - Havent seen you in these parts for quite some time :P

Hey hey Dude been busy building sand castle's :P :P :P i think twig refers to the New cqc assault vest asi know a few people using the wyvern like me and love em!!! the only problem i found is the pistol holster as the stiching came apart when i had pistol stuffed in there!!! But as said earlier i really like the way you can change the layout on these new vests :D

Twig are you saying that the Wyvern is bad? Or the Osprey? :unsure:

By the way, welcome back Pux :) - Havent seen you in these parts for quite some time :P

I think he means the CQC LCTV vest that is designed to go over the Osprey. Again, the usual concern is with the quality of the webbing straps.

I was initially issued the desert assault vest which is like the old "All-Arms" Dpm assault vest. I thought it was rubbish and was a very poor fit over Osprey. Most of my boys binned them because they couldn't get into fire positions.

By the end we were issued the Molle vests (sorry I'm not a G4 geek, so I don't know what they are called) but we found them uncomfortable, the straps and buckles looked very sub-standard. By this time everyone had got their loaded-out pretty much sorted (and harry blacked together).

Osprey absolutely rocks, much better than CBA, although it's heavier it's so much cooler because someone has actually designed it with heat reduction in mind. CBA was cleared designed by one of the MOD's headshed's children. The only problem is if you put your pouches on your Osprey you have to wear them everywhere (this is a massive pain on a 36 hour road move).

Personally when I go back-out in a few months it will be PLCE or my Tactical Tailor rig.

Curious - while we're on topic...I'll be putting together a simple UK load shortly...and I have a tactical tailor mesh vest that I'd like to use as the basis - are there MALICE compatible pouches in DPM or dessie DPM - and if so...where? I have tons of random CB and OD ones etc...but I'd like a little dpm on the vest.

Any help would be appreciated - are the Pointman vests reasonable, or the pouches?

Archived