Your views on WE

Davos

Had a WE hicapa 5.1, was about to put in a re-enforced hammer (marui compatable) and get some marui mags. got a frame-mounted strike kit on there too,

recoil was a bit sluggish, could have used a bit more power in the blowback to handle a tougher recoil spring, but over all great little full metal pistol for its price.

the right side safety lever on mine was sort of loose on mine, so i took it off,

~21

I used to have a WE hicapa and now have a TM hicapa with a davidson slide. I agree with 21suicide that the blowback is pretty sluggish, especially compared to my metal slided TM. I actually don't really understand why this is the case. Surely it can't be that hard to make it perform like a metal slide TM right?

having said that though, when i total up the bills for my TM hicapa i'd have to say that the WE is still a bargain for what it can do :)

I own both. I still do not understand the "need" for metal when your budget won't allow it. WE is made with terrible tolerances, so sometimes the gun works ok, sometimes it just vents a lot of gas and dies. You can fix them, but if you are going to be replacing parts, just start with a TM, you will replace less parts.

I would rather have an ABS TM than a "full metal" WE. The performance difference is night and day. If we talk a metal TM it is not even a fair comparison.

Archived