Better way to carry Sniper rifle?

GEMEO

Oh now I get the velcro strap deal, ive used one but it wasnt velcro

the idea is you dont "un velcro" it, you just use it as an attachment point, a combination of a 1 point sling + velcro loop works about the same as a 2 point, but you have a little less freedom (keeps the gun where you left it, but you can only carry it one way, both good and bad)

IMHO:

MP5k in an under shoulder rig lets you have the *fruitcage* off and go away for when it gets horribly messy, wear the rig under your ghillie and then stick the connection through the suit and have somone help you hook up the gun on the outside...

Rifle on a 2 point sling.... if you really must.... Gspec is so light compared with other snipers why bother? IF you need to use the k then put the Gspec down... fend them off, then bug out....

Spotters again, good plan... but few people are willing to lie as still as a sniper, without the pleasure of dropping the X-rays that enter your line of sight....

1) I sold my K (it was too big) and bought a Mk23,

2) When I pull out my secondary I sling the rifle front (cross chest, muzzle pointing down), not on the back,

3) If the rifle is on my back (muzzle pointing up) I control the muzzle by grabbing the barrel w/ the weaker hand,

Hope this helps,

Thanks for the tip.

This game i kill all of my charlie with the Mk23 very nice (in one game 5 charlies), but i use the sniper rifle in the back with muzzel pointing down.( my Sniper is 250fps)

I have the kit too upgrade, but it makes a lot noise.

Primary - JG BAR10

Secondary - TM MK23

Really light setup.

*** Skirmish set up ***

I don't empoy sling. I use primary rifle and secondary, when i switch to my secondary i just do a change with my hands or put my primary in a tree or on ground nothing more. Of course you will need a great holster (safariland for me).

*** Hunter setup ***

48 hours without sling is a pain. I'm employing a 1 point sling (IDF type) and my Mk23 on my holster.

It's hard to outmaneuver opfor or employ move-and-shoot with the sidearm when you leave the rifle behind... Mobility is just as important for an airsoft sniper as concealment.

Putting your rifle down is not mobility, shooting the pistol w/ one hand is not accurate shooting (even with airsoft).

Weapons catch + Sniper longguns ?

NoGo!

Weapons catch is a nice option for Carbines, SMG's and other 50-70cm "tools" that you don't want dangling about.

But if I mount my 24" AWP with supresor in the catch... it is annything but out of the way.

[A sniper don't carry a AEG. Period.

It is not practical and you'l end up as "the Jack of all trades, master of non".

And that is not "Sniper" or "Marksman" like... ;) ]

Use a good, wide, padded sling. Comon error is slim 3-point slings on BA weapons... :huh:

Or if you need to treck a long way get at Dragbag with backpack straps on. The smart thing about that option is that you get both hands free.

And get the load on both your sholders.

Plus... If you need to crawl, you allready have a dragbag with you.

(A paddet cover fore your optics, wile draging the bag is a good idea ;) )

OR... Just by af VSR riffel.

They are made of thin plastic and way about the same as a P90 :D

But that is just plain cheating...

24"... thats not very long at all.

ive decided to ditch the AEG secondary weapon, and webbing, and everything.

gaming loadout= me+ set of 95s+ ghillie suit+ gspec+ usp (in holster).

hopefully my mate billy is going to be spotting/ providing security with his ghillie+compact m4+ belt kit. we are gunna be playing next weekend and i will specifically get some pics of us and our loadouts (and my ghillie for the ghillie suit thread)

For the weapon catch:

worked fine for me, just turned out the 2 pointer I made works better, I didnt use is in the conventional sense though. I attached it to one of the shoulder straps of my harness and slung the rifle from my hip up through it on my chest, it had some shake to it, but kept both my hands free.

For both hands free:

Some fields wont require it, mine has some pretty silly terrain and steep ravines that requires both of my hands to climb, if I had to carry my rifle /and/ climb, I'd probably have broken something by now

For leaving rifle behind:

Pretty much anything can be a good idea given the situation, two I can note of was leaving it behind to snake through crazy overgrown brush that it would have been a pain to bring it through, and leaving it behind as a decoy when someone spotted it sticking out of cover (my bad)

24" was the barrel lenght, I'm afraid.

I prefer accurate sniper rifles over suppressor equipped phone masts, so I use a VSR. :P

24" outer barrel, yes. ;)

Total length, with suppressor 138cm (that is 55").

If a +700fps VSR rifle were an option at the time of purchase, I might have shosen that platform.

But after uprading the APS2 HopUp system, it shoots as well as the VSR... just longer.

24" was the barrel lenght, I'm afraid.

I prefer accurate sniper rifles over suppressor equipped phone masts, so I use a VSR. :P

...oh... i thought u ment 24" total length... well... good bye then... *shame face*

quick question, how do you guys crawl with ur rifle. i normally just cradle it in my right arm down by the receiver, but after while my arm starts to ache.

But after uprading the APS2 HopUp system, it shoots as well as the VSR... just longer.

Yep, my sniper mate has the Maruzen L96 and it shoots about as well.

quick question, how do you guys crawl with ur rifle.

Dragged by the forward sling mount, barrel, or cradled with both arms, depending on terrain.

[A sniper don't carry a AEG. Period.

It is not practical and you'l end up as "the Jack of all trades, master of non".

Truth! You'll learn alot more surviving without the safety net of an aeg. Too many guns will lead to confusion even for experienced players, you will not learn to hunt effectively with a bolt action rifle as long as you are carrying an aeg :waggle: . In all honesty i think a Mk23 is too big for me as a secondary (in my opinion) although I do own one and I can't rate it highly enough however I would use it more as a primary. There seems to be this inherent urge to have to "take out assault teams in 3 seconds flat" approach which get bounded around the sniper forum frequently. This is not the mindset of of a bolt action hunter, the skill is going about tagging a team of aeg players with a bolt action rifle.

It's hard to outmaneuver opfor or employ move-and-shoot with the sidearm when you leave the rifle behind... Mobility is just as important for an airsoft sniper as concealment.

Putting your rifle down is not mobility, shooting the pistol w/ one hand is not accurate shooting (even with airsoft).

More truth

To clarify I interpret this in response to the post above in that people are suggesting carrying both bolt action rifles and assault rifles :huh: . People dragging all this equipment around gaming sites, there is no wonder you see people having a coronary at the end of an event. A rifle and a pistol is ample, the thing that has kept me from being shot so many times has been the ability to be up and off at the first sign of being boxed in. Remaining untagged keeps points from the opposition forcing them to risk more to gain the points leaving a small opening to take advantage. Handing them points by being over laiden and slow puts you on catchup and compromises your competitive advantage.

Travel light move fast even with a bolt action ;)

• 1 month later...

I carry mine in both hands most of the time to be honest.

I have a simple sling on my VSR and when I shoulder it, my home made bag is perfectly located to help secure it on my shoulder.

Using a gear belt, I sewed on a bag [made out of the leg of old pair of BDUs] which I can roll up my guillie into when I walk in or don't need to wear it. It sits on my hip very comfortably. I tried out a SAAV vest the other day too to carry my G17C and spare clip as well as my single bino 12X, a water can and radio. Seems to work well and does not interfere with my shouldered rifle.

I have MP5K also, but having tried it once, as people above have said, it's a PITA and just get's in the way. Pity, it's a nice piece of kit but not useful in my role.

When crawling, I drag the rifle on my upper right arm [i'm right handed] using the fore sling point to grip. The gun lies almost 45 degrees in from of me [the tip of the barrel in line with my left shoulder almost]

More is less when I play sniper ... I've worked that out for myself [eventhough plently have told me this already :P ]

Good Hunting

Edited for spelling corrections

• 2 weeks later...

If u want to carry mp5k and sniper rifle check this mp5k sling

clips mp5k one side and 2 mags on opistie side plus clips to ur belt to keep it all close to ur body

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ail?prodID=9114

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-V5K_cat_Slings

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=613

If u want to carry mp5k and sniper rifle check this mp5k sling

clips mp5k one side and 2 mags on opistie side plus clips to ur belt to keep it all close to ur body

http://www.redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airs...ail?prodID=9114

http://www.wgcshop.com/pcart/shopper.php?i...-V5K_cat_Slings

http://www.uncompany.com/pageproductdetails.asp?prodid=613

I tried it, it's really good stuff with high quality, but after one month I changed for a MK23+leg holster combo (which is modificated to belt compatible :D ), because the MP5K is too heavy, too big to wear all day long and constantly disordered me when I crawled. When you running, it's stable...... when you jumping, it's stable.... when you moving, it's still stable..... but when you crawling.... it's sux. The sling is stable, but the Kurtz will wobble (or you can't use normally because the too tight fixation)

I tried it, it's really good stuff with high quality, but after one month I changed for a MK23+leg holster combo (which is modificated to belt compatible :D ), because the MP5K is too heavy, too big to wear all day long and constantly disordered me when I crawled. When you running, it's stable...... when you jumping, it's stable.... when you moving, it's still stable..... but when you crawling.... it's sux. The sling is stable, but the Kurtz will wobble (or you can't use normally because the too tight fixation)

All true, I have an mp5k with the underarm sling, but stopped using it at as backup for those reasons, and only ever take it out as a primary now.

Coincedentally I also use a mk23 with the thigh holster, I cut the buckle off the holster part, and now use the top loop where the buckle was to run my belt through, meaning the whole thing sits higher up my leg, and now with the silencer attached it does not restrict me from kneeling down (it no longer digs into the floor). So I only use one strap around my leg and use the other to clip round the bottom of the mag well.

Archived