"Reactivating" an airsoft after a year

Chevieblazer

I have an m4 that i had to leave behind when i left the US. Now i will have it back in a couple of days, and i'd sure like to use it again. it was checked through in may and has been laying in a transport box ever since.

what should i take care of before using her again? should i do a general re-grease, maybe change the tappet plate and such, or should it be ok as it is?

the GB is an unmodified g&p, though all else on the gun still g&p is the grip and the stock tube :rolleyes:

As long as it was looked after before going into storage, ie. not been put away with a wet, greaseless gearbox, it should be fine mechanically. Electrically, I don't know much about how the battery would fare...

Oh, and it might just be me worrying, but I wouldn't use the term "re-activating". We don't want firearms scaremongerers flying off the handle if it comes up alongside the term "airsoft" when they do a Google!!

Oh, and it might just be me worrying, but I wouldn't use the term "re-activating". We don't want firearms scaremongerers flying off the handle if it comes up alongside the term "airsoft" when they do a Google!!

I would give you all the gold in China if you could convert an airsoft gun into a real one.

I would give you all the gold in China if you could convert an airsoft gun into a real one.

I'm not retarded enough to think it's possible.

But these anti-gun lobbyists seem to think it is, and thats my point. They see a thread titled like this one, they'd probably assume the worst and not even read it. Such is the blind stupidity of the "do-gooders" in this world.

(Besides, i believe the phrase is: "All the tea in China" ;))

guys, please, this is going kinda off topic. scorch, the term "reactivate" was mainly for a lack of better words. the gearbox was checked through 3 days before going into storage, and the battery was fully discharged.

as for the "firearms scaremongerers" believe me, the guys you have in the UK are harmless compared to the nutcases making decisions over here. 'nuff of that though.

Archived