Belts and Drop Leg Holsters

Ritifo

Belts like these fasten around your waist and inside the trousers' belt loops, right?

us_style_pistol_belt.jpg

And drop leg holsters attach to them? Or would they attach to other kinds of belts, because I'm not really sure how a drop leg holster attaches to a belt in the first place. I'd go to the local surplus store and find out in a snap but it's 8pm and this is hopefully what the Internet is for.

Belts like these fasten around your waist and inside the trousers' belt loops, right?

us_style_pistol_belt.jpg

And drop leg holsters attach to them? Or would they attach to other kinds of belts, because I'm not really sure how a drop leg holster attaches to a belt in the first place. I'd go to the local surplus store and find out in a snap but it's 8pm and this is hopefully what the Internet is for.

Nope. Pistol belts are worn around the waist and outside of the pants' belt loops. A separate, smaller belt is used to secure the pants.

The drop leg's strap is typically looped over the belt.

The pistol belt can be worn with some gear and is cinched down around the belly. Depending on how much stuff is used on the pistol belts, a low-profile suspender (such as HSGI's) is used to help support the belt.

However, you should know that there are some pants belts - typically rigger belts - that are strong enough to support the weight of a holster and pistol, yet small enough to be used as a pants belt.

I have 5.11 operators belt. It is more rigid, while it's not thicker. Also the width of the belt is designed to go through the loops on trousers if that's what you want. I have old USGI web belt and I found my 5.11 belt is more rigid. I use this belt for my pistol rig. Very good.

Nope. Pistol belts are worn around the waist and outside of the pants' belt loops. A separate, smaller belt is used to secure the pants.

The drop leg's strap is typically looped over the belt.

The pistol belt can be worn with some gear and is cinched down around the belly. Depending on how much stuff is used on the pistol belts, a low-profile suspender (such as HSGI's) is used to help support the belt.

However, you should know that there are some pants belts - typically rigger belts - that are strong enough to support the weight of a holster and pistol, yet small enough to be used as a pants belt.

+1 I have a BHI riggers belt which I use as both a pants belt and drop leg supporting belt, and it works great. Better so than my cheapish duty belt.

EDIT: +2

I use a standard belt through the loops in my bdu trousers and attach the loop of my holster through the space between the belt and my trousers which then fassens with velcro. Im not sure if it works the same with other drop leg holsters though.

Well the Point of using two Belts is separating Clothing from Gear. For Example, for Lunch Break I just unclip my outer Belt and the Drop-Leg, it's done in less than a Minute and allows me to be comfortable during the Break. After, I just re-attach and I'm good to go.

Well the Point of using two Belts is separating Clothing from Gear. For Example, for Lunch Break I just unclip my outer Belt and the Drop-Leg, it's done in less than a Minute and allows me to be comfortable during the Break. After, I just re-attach and I'm good to go.

But that's exactly what I do, and I have 1 belt; I just unclip the holster and take it off. I don't understand how it's any easier with two.

Can you unclip your Pouches as well? ;)

Here's a Pic of my Belt, to make it clearer.... except the Mag and Drop Pouches which are MOLLE, id'have to undo the Belt to get those off.

Ahhh I see what you are getting at now. I don't use pouches on my belt, just a holster as I have more than enough MOLLE space on my CIRAS :P

But yea, I agree, if you have pouches etc on your belt as well, then you need a seperate one really.

I have more than enough MOLLE space on my CIRAS :P

I thouhgt the same, then i got my TacT Molle belt and some pouches and there was no space left on my ciras where i could get to if needed ;)

now i have the mollebelt + an dropleg platform and its nearly no more space at all :D

Archived