german ww2 loadout question

Capt Barsteward

while we are at it whats the best k98 you can get, and can you get stg44s?

Welcome to ww2, mein Herr. I too am 9th SS, the best KAR98 is the tanaka, Marushin has issues with feeding and leaking gas. The Dboys is a clone of the Marushin. some like them some don't. Personaly Tanaka is the way forward. Shoot and scoot is a good site to check out for WW2 weapons. Pat.

The g version is a lower fps version. It has a small valve which regulates the power. The KAR is unregulated and has a FPS of 450/500 dependant on gas. and as my good mate advisor has said the Kar 33 mountain trooper was a carbine version for mountain and ski troops and is shorter. SS, Fallshrimjager, and Heer would have used the standard KAR 98K.

Yeah..he is the local expert when it comes to WW2 airsoft thats why he works for Ai Mag

Gadge is the local expert for the Brit side of WW2 around here, the expert for the German side is Baggypants....

Regarding a post earlier about the difference between the "regular" K98 and G-Spec, the difference is a little more than stated earlier.

For a start *all* Tanaka's now have a restrictor in the system to comply with the Japanese 0.98J Law. The difference between the G-spec and the normal K98 is that the gas route nozzle on the G-spec is threaded, and will accept a range of gas restrictors screwed into it to further reduce the velocity. ISTR one of the WW2 forums (might be the US one?) has notes on how to remove the standard Tanaka 0.98J restrictor.

Tanaka are great, but not cheap.

No, you cant get a mp44, but i don't think it will be long before one comes out of China.

Um, you can get a MP44, if you want external gas, and can find one. I have one. ;)

100_0047.jpg

th_100_0302.jpg

Gadge is the local expert for the Brit side of WW2 around here, the expert for the German side is Baggypants....

Oh I dunno, I think I'm about as well read on both to be honest. Its US kit i have to really struggle to interest myself in.

Archived