Looking for best clone AK74U

Mr.Hyde

Hey there,

I am currently looking for a good AK74U to add to my armory. I am making a large purchase off of gunnerairsoft so those are the prices I am looking at.

The CYMA I have heard to shoot a little better, while the Dboys is a VFC clone and looks great, but performance is just ok.

How much better is the CYMA going to perform and in what way? Which would you recommend overall?

I am really liking the steel Dboys right now.

you dont want high fps in a clone because of the crappy internals. i personally HATE cyma, so id say go with dboys.

Wow thats confusing and don't forget that Clones are getting better and better every second (No not just in day, in night as well, there like slaves for god's sake)

http://www.rsov.com/review/0/1110/p_KALASH...-real-wood.html

there's a load of reviews there and apparently the kalash is upto CA and VFC standards

You say don't go for high fps in a clone, then you say go for the one with higher fps? Bit contradictory dontcha think? :P

Anyway, both are good. CYMA is supposedly better internally (though IIRC it has better QC not better quality) and the DBoys is meant to be better externally. I have the DBoys, and I'm VERY happy with it.

I personally have the Cyma and it is nothing short of great, especially for that price. The externals arent as good as the Dboys Kalash, but they are far from shoddy. Either way, I can guarentee buying either wont be a dissapointment. My Cyma has a wood kit on it as well.

i know what i said was a little contradictory but put it this way- i knew someone with a tokyo marui(285 fps) that lasted him 250,000 rounds and it still works like the day he got it. he also had an echo1 (350 fps) that lasted him only one tenth (25,000) of the rounds the TM went through before the gearbox just snapped in half. i know i said to go with the Dboys even with the high fps, but thats because i just trust Dboys more than Cyma.

But thats not a very good comparison. A stock TM can last for more double that amount with proper maintenance, whereas if you get an ACM gun, the QC is no where near as high as TM and will most likely not last as long, although they havn't really been out long enough to compare accurately. Of course a higher fps gun won't last as long, but if you don't get a lemon, you won't get anything as drastic as a gearbox shell breaking unless you upgrade to stupid levels. Example: my TM m4 s-system was upgraded to 400fps, its been shooting at that since I got it a few months after it came out (can't remember how many years ago that was, 3 or 4?) more than 150,000 rounds through it, and no problems.

CYMA internals are some of the best out of all the ACM guns, they've come a long way from what they were a few years ago.

But again, both are great buys, unless you get a lemon, and you can always upgrade/downgrade and it will still cost you less than a higher end gun.

Archived