Eotech 551 clone

0nslaught

im about to order an eotech soon, but i cant decide wether or not i should get the G&P eotech from redwolf, or get the full trademarked one from dragon red

can the owners of either of these eotechs tell me about them?

which is brighter? do these versions have ghosting?

thanks

Ive got the full traded version from Dragonred.

Its got minimal ghosting, very bright reticle and the battery life is about 12 hours of constant run time. I have the 551 clone that uses the button cell batteries.

Good replica for the money, and I cant count how many people times have asked me how I like the "Real" Eotech because of the trademarks.

avoid the dragonred version like the plague. i have one and the elevation knob broke with a gentle turn. It still has ghosting and the lense protector is rubbish. makes the whole thing blurry. >:c

Uh oh, i just ordered it...

Justin seems to be having good luck with this 551, and thats the one i ordered

i also read some other reviews and it seems like the 551 doesnt have as much problems as the 552. hopefully everything will be fine..

I have had mine for about 8 months now and I have not had a single issue with it, other than having to replace batteries which are consumables to begin with.

I have even taken hits to the glass and it has not cracked once. I play hard and abuse my weapons on the field, this thing has been beaten, shot and shook to no end and is still going strong.

The reticle is very crisp, like I stated earlier, and only sometimes "ghosts" which I think is more of a power inconsistency issue than anything else.

It all comes down to QC just like anything else airsoft related. Sometimes you get a lemon. I have no issues with mine and several members in our league using the same thing without any issues.

I hope you find yours as satisfactory as I have found mine. It was well worth the investment.

Uh oh, i just ordered it...

Justin seems to be having good luck with this 551, and thats the one i ordered

i also read some other reviews and it seems like the 551 doesnt have as much problems as the 552. hopefully everything will be fine..

when you get it, mess with the elevation and windage nubs right away. turn them back and forth, just to make sure they wont break.

when you get it, mess with the elevation and windage nubs right away. turn them back and forth, just to make sure they wont break.

should i WD-40 it too? i read in that review thread that some guy added some wd-40 and it worked fine.

should i WD-40 it too? i read in that review thread that some guy added some wd-40 and it worked fine.

That was me.

I had to WD40 the thread on the screw that holds the eotech on to the rail....... because it arrived with some rust in the thread which stopped it tightening enough :(

Mine ghosts all the time, but it's faint enough that most of the time you don't notice. Eitherway, pray that your one is in good working order because if you need a replacment/refund you have to pay the postage yourself.

• 4 weeks later...

FWIW - I just got a G&P EoTech 553 replica in a package. Every now and then it has a touch of ghosting, and on super bright sunny days, I feel like it would be better with just one more brightness setting. Other than that, it is really solid and holds its zeroing very well. I'd recommend it to people, even friends! ;)

Archived