Plasticard tips?

Vamp V^^V

Hey everyone, Im about to embark on my first AEG project, and I was wondering if anyone had any tips for using Plasticard?

I know quite a lot of you have used it for reshaping receivers and the like, but what are the best tools to use for cutting and shaping?

Any advice would be much appreciated!

Thanks.

Thanks guys :)

I've got pretty good cutting abilities,I've spent a long time doing modelling and carving, and similar activities. But I've never used plasticard before. I have got a good hacksaw and a great set of needle files. So hopefully it will turn out alright :D

Quite frankly, don't use it! Plasticard is excellent stuff for model making and converting model aircraft etc, but as a basis for something that will get handled and possibly shot, a far better alternative is Plastruct. This is an American product, available over here and is ABS rather than Polystyrene.

It does everything that Plasticard does, is far stonger, more stable, is available in different thicknesses and can be 'glued' with Plastiweld, super glues and epoxies.

Archived