The best flaming ever

Rob15

indeed.

this is a democracy (stop that cynical sniggering at the back!), we, the voters, have a right and a duty to know these things! and if Jezzer is the chap to demand it of our elected leader, then someone hand him an OBE.

My only concern is that the immigration issue, like the Terrorism issue, is being blown out of ALL proportion. Its always a vote winner to start persecuting the filthy foreigners who immigrate to our contry, looking for a better life, stealing our women and our jobs...

hang, thats exactly what I did when I moved to the US and married an American...CURSES!!!! I'm a filthy foreigner! an immigrant! quick, someone, clap me in irons, throw away the key! wheres that fetching orange boiler suit when you need it?!

oh, wait. I'm WHITE...dunno what I was getting worked up about, really.

I'v got a mate back in the UK who really wants to move to Amsterdam permanently, yet he is also of the opinion that the Netherlands can support no more immigration. Essentially, we've got so good at turning the word "immigrant" into another word for "non-white, non-english-speaking people", that when we immigrate somewhere, we aren't immigrants, we're "ex-pats".

hypocrisy, I tells ya, everywhere you turn!

Our schools are up the duff, our hospitals are grossly underfunded and mismanaged, we've got some swine in downing street building forward-facing, go-getting statues with taxpayers money, waging unnecessary, unpopular, and hugely expensive wars in the name of another country, the cost of living has gone through the roof while standard of living has dropped dramatically, we've got massive unemployment, no job security, no industry and out of control taxation on essential consumer goods, and we're worried about some bloody immigrants?

jeeeeeeesus, get some perspectve people! Although its an indication of just how bad things are for them back home that they'd wnt to come to the UK.

I say, rock on, fair does to them, its precisely what I would do if I was in the same position as them, though I'd probably choose a better country to immigrate to.

and furthermore, all the usual idiots decrying immigration as the end of the world, COULD just up sticks and move somewhere cheaper, like eastern europe. Seriously, sell your house, move to Hungary, live like a king.

whats wrong with doing that? ooh, wait, they don't speak english over there, and they eat that filthy foreign muck. not a chip hop in sight, so that puts paid to that idea...

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Why is it unfair to get an answer to a question he had every right, nay, duty to ask?

Ask the question once. If Blair tries to dodge the issue (which in a way he did) repeat the question.

If Blair continues to dodge the issue, then its bloody obvious that he isn't going to answer the question so there is no point hammering it into him. All it does is make Paxman look as much of an ###### as Blair.

Towards the end of the grilling, I could tell that Blair was trying to answer the question as well as he could, yet Paxman kept hammering him :)

It was still quite funny to watch though, having said all that ;)

Sorry for the double post... I've got an apology to make ;)

Just saw a clip of the interview on Have I Got News For You, and Paxman was questioning Blair on the number of failed asylum seekers, not the number of illegal immigrants.

Consequently, he would have had some record of them in the asylum system which renders most of the points I've made in this thread irrelevant :(

So apologies to everyone I disagreed with, I shall make sure I pay special attention to interviews on this issue now ;)

Sorry for the double post... I've got an apology to make ;)

Just saw a clip of the interview on Have I Got News For You, and Paxman was questioning Blair on the number of failed asylum seekers, not the number of illegal immigrants.

Consequently, he would have had some record of them in the asylum system which renders most of the points I've made in this thread irrelevant :(

So apologies to everyone I disagreed with, I shall make sure I pay special attention to interviews on this issue now ;)

Damm i missed that, did you see the one last week with the weather reports at the end :rofl:

Damm  i missed that, did you see the one last week with the weather reports at the end :rofl:
Hahah yeah, that had me in stitches.

"Tomorrow is going to be a smorgasbord of weather - Sleet, rain, cold, sun, hail, wind, thunder, snow, lightning."

"Just take a bloody umbrella."

Classic stuff. The sort of thing that will make me watch Newsnight in the future :D

Hahah yeah, that had me in stitches.

"Tomorrow is going to be a smorgasbord of weather - Sleet, rain, cold, sun, hail, wind, thunder, snow, lightning."

"Just take a bloody umbrella."

Classic stuff. The sort of thing that will make me watch Newsnight in the future :D

One of the otherones was "its april, what do you expect" :rofl:

they don't have the weather reports on it anymore, i think they got the general idea about him not liking it :D

And the bit where he said all the main partys had finally sarted been honest and above johnpresscot it said "lying"

i watch newsnight anyway, and yes i am 15 and do care about the country unlike chavs ;)

Did you see the interview with michal howard

And the bit where he said all the main partys had finally sarted been honest and above johnpresscot it said "lying"
The best one I saw was with a politician (can't remember which one) standing in front of a projected image, and the camera angle meant he was blocking some letters - leaving just "country" visible but without the o and the ry ;)

Did you see the interview with michal howard
No. I missed it :( I was looking forward to that as well, to see if he is as evil in interviews as he looks in still photographs ;)

Archived