Tokyo Marui M4 PMC Limited Edition

Sturmjager

Stubby M4's FTW!

Everyone should have atleast one Stubby M4's in their collection, for all those times you want a big bang in a small package B) (What i tell my girlfriend all the time) :rocket:

Is it me... or did everyhting kinda go off topic a little... :rolleyes:

Exactly!

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well this has been very entertaining! I think it's not really a clone vs marui debate so much as the japanese vs everyone else. I live in Hawaii and we are around a lot of imported goods. It could be because i'm japanese (born and raised in hawaii) but I do prefer things that are "made in japan". Okay...someone pointed out that just because ford produced the first car it doesn't mean they're the best. Correct. But there's no way in hell i'd buy a car (present day) that was copied but had some cosmetic appeal to it. Cars and airsoft are two completely diff things. Whenever i upgraded my guns with aftermarket parts there was always a fitment issue or a fear that something may not fit correctly or function the way i expected it to. Marui's research and development took YEARS to do and they did it on their own. When you start from scratch or design something from the ground up you find flaws or things you can do to improve how the system works. They got down to specifics on gear ratios, shim heights, spring tensions, motor speeds etc etc. Once they did that they had to figure out how to make it reliable and make it shoot time after time. Companies like Systema never really made guns of their own, only parts. And i'm sure as many of you know, they had their share of problem parts. The only option back in the day was buy a marui, upgrade it with systema parts or send it off to places like killer studios to upgrade your gun. Then people like classic army decided to take it one step further and built guns the way people wanted it. Metal bodies, "reinforced" gearboxes, blahblahblah and other stuff. All the other companies besides marui build guns the way the public thinks is best. Metal bodies, metal bushings, stronger springs, one piece hopups. And yes, some of them were improvements over marui's original design. But these preupgraded guns weren't marketed towards marui customers. These were targeting other countries other than japan. Quite honestly i don't think japan gives a rat's a$$ what other countries outside of it thinks about their products. If you think about it...people without skill want advantages to help give them a handicap. Having one person with an upgraded gun would make others feel like they want an upgraded gun too in order to close the gap. In japan with a 1j rule, there's no need to buy guns pre-upgraded because they're already close to the 1j mark. So here's the question to everyone...if you lived anywhere that had a 1j limit (by law), what gun would you buy? A gun that was on par with everyone else's one and that you could buy at your local toy store, or a gun that was needed to be upgraded to be on par, might break and you'd have to import it? It's all about preference. Those who have been in airsoft long appreciate and support the work behind the guns marui releases. Those who are just starting and have friends with 400+fps guns or those who are on a budget can buy the "replica" versions of marui guns. I don't see anything wrong with other companies copying marui's design because that just gives all of us more opportunities to get different parts and customize our guns to be unique compared to someone else.

Blah...no one is gonna read that so i'm just gonna stop. Anyways, back on topic i for one liked the design but I just didn't like the noveske flash hider. i was easily going to just put on a silencer and it would be good enough for me. I don't need it to shoot hard because i wouldn't skirmish with it. I just like building guns to look cool and can shoot stuff :) I already have several "under 375 fps fighting those with 400fps" skirmish ready guns. ;)

Now you've buried me, you're stating that TM is better than VFC....this is where I check out. You can't "argue" with someone if they believe the impossible.

Your argument was plausible when you were dropping plop on JG, CYMA, BE, DE, Dboys....these I can swallow too a point...I don't agree mind you, but ok...its a close run thing.....but VFC, CA, STAR, etc....come on man.....who are you trying to kid.

Where did I say that TM is better than VFC?

know my AEG's you don't need to tell me that. To me, CA went downwards with their quality. Last V3 G36 gearbox of CA I say was terrible! You have humor, I give you that, but your post has no meaning, it's empty. You Laugh at people who say TM is better than ACM's, but no why? give me your facts. that way I can understand your opinion.

And btw I still see new dead V2 CA gearboxes that only had to put up with 350fps. With dead I mean a broken gearbox shell.

Have CA moved up? sure, they keep on copying other companies who move up.

All in all it will always be different for every person. Problem is, most of you can't handle that and need to press their opinion as the one and only true one.

You happy with your ACM/CA/TM/VFC? Good for you otherwise airsoft wouldn't be fun.

the rest is 90% chairsofting anyways. :P

Can you actually read?

@ Belladonna; do you have prove that TM did not gain a patent for the noveske?

You never repaired a TM, yet you say JG and Dboys GB are better?

And how do you produce a clone when you produced the original? ANd I am NOT talking about the stock or handguard. I am talking about the core.

Most of you are just suckers for flash and all of you forgot something. an AEG is worthless without a good hop up unit.

But I guess JG/CA and all other brands are better than TM in that too...

Archived