Play in the first IZSC (Internet Zombie Shooting Competition) - Open NOW until Oct 31st!

Sine Wave

Getting my team together tonight for some zombie-shooting fun, followed by films and beers and then going to see the new Bonb flick tomorrow morning/afternoon.

Printed out about 500 zombie targets at work yesterday - fortunately no-one saw me - so I think we're fully equipped. :D

The rules are getting a little confusing.

So, what you're actually saying is all we have to do is hit all the zombies on the first stage with 10 shots in 20 seconds to win.

If we miss one, we face two at the next closest range. If we miss two, we face four, etc etc...

This then begs the question - how can you get over 20 zombies at one time? Surely, even if you miss them all at the first stage, you only face 10 at the next closest range, and only by missing all these would you get 20? Who is going to miss them ALL?

Ben.

So, what you're actually saying is all we have to do is hit all the zombies on the first stage with 10 shots in 20 seconds to win.

If we miss one, we face two at the next closest range. If we miss two, we face four, etc etc...

This then begs the question - how can you get over 20 zombies at one time? Surely, even if you miss them all at the first stage, you only face 10 at the next closest range, and only by missing all these would you get 20? Who is going to miss them ALL?

What I think you're pointing out is that while it is possible to be facing 20 or more by the time you're at 25m (which can happen if you're only killing 1 or 2 per stage) you're just as "dead" facing 12 as you are facing 20 because you only have 10 shots and it's the last stage. And you'd be right, of course. The only difference between those two "dead" results would be the possible score since if you're facing fewer than 20 at 25m you at least get to shoot that stage (the better you shoot -- or at least, the less you suck -- the higher your score.)

"Overwhelmed" is really just a mechanic to reflect the fact the game has become mathematically impossible to win if you're ever facing 20 or more enemies.

• 8 months later...

Archived