VFC SCAR questions

l85 guy

So I have some questions about the VFC scar. First, does it still come with the case and the card with matching serial numbers? I have heard of some people not getting them with the gun.

Also I have some questions about how to clean the terminals in the stock and if they would be a problem in a mist or slight rain.

And how are the finishes on the black and tan. I have heard the tan is really bad and the grip on the tan is an eye sore, but I have heard nothing about the black, though I think I want the tan still.

And one more thing, I read the only differences between the Scar V2 GB and a regular GB is you need to chop off the loop on the end of a regular V2 that the mag catch would normally go thru, and there needs to be a piece inserted in the GB to allow for the ambidextrous selectors to work, is this right?

And how are the finishes on the black and tan. I have heard the tan is really bad and the grip on the tan is an eye sore, but I have heard nothing about the black, though I think I want the tan still

Nothing of an eye sore at all, whoever told you that is smoking something.

Best finish of all airsoft scar's and is on par with the real steel.

Teamate has a black one, it's okay. No real steel black.

My god..

That is one of the most stupid things I've seen done with an AEG.

Not only would that work with any AEG, but after a few hours its going to be corroding inside and out. What's the goal of this test? Any gun will fire straight out of water, its the effects of a few hours of water I would be more worried about.

Id seriously advice people against trying this.

The V2 GB and the SCAR GB for this are not the same entirely. there are more holes in the SCAR gearbox than in a standard V2. you would lose the ambi fire selector. As a word of caution having worked on one of these, it's an utter PITA to work on. Getting the fire selector components to line up again is a PITA and testing the gun is a PITA (since you have to reassemble EVERYTHING) In general, if you are going to upgrade this gun, do it all at once so you never have to open it again.

The V2 GB and the SCAR GB for this are not the same entirely. there are more holes in the SCAR gearbox than in a standard V2. you would lose the ambi fire selector. As a word of caution having worked on one of these, it's an utter PITA to work on. Getting the fire selector components to line up again is a PITA and testing the gun is a PITA (since you have to reassemble EVERYTHING) In general, if you are going to upgrade this gun, do it all at once so you never have to open it again.

So since the Gearbox is kinda proprietary, I guess I should stick with the stock GB. It is relatively strong, right? Like, it would be able to handle a M120 and a good strong motor, right? Oh, and, is the selector plate the same on a regular V2? if I replaced the selector plate, would that fix the problem of VFCs getting stuck on full Auto that I have heard about, or would something else be causing that?

So since the Gearbox is kinda proprietary, I guess I should stick with the stock GB. It is relatively strong, right? Like, it would be able to handle a M120 and a good strong motor, right? Oh, and, is the selector plate the same on a regular V2? if I replaced the selector plate, would that fix the problem of VFCs getting stuck on full Auto that I have heard about, or would something else be causing that?

Selector plates are not the same between different V2 guns. The Mp5 has a different selector plate then the M16 series and they both are different then teh SCAR and so on and so forth.

I cant imagine what it'd be like to be stuck on FA. I can barely get this SCAR to shoot one BB let alone anything reliably in FA. I say, leave it stock and run it to the ground as stock. It is supposed to have great range and accuracy stock anyways.

Archived