...But a lot of members are finding it hard to follow threads whenever Rob15 posts. I have no idea what happens, but for some reason he'll post something and then the ensuing few posts will vanish, with some odd seperate post appearing TO THE RIGHT of his own. All I can possibly think is that it's something about his signature which messes it up, or it's some random bug which affects only Rob.

Anyone got any idea how to fix it? :(

I've alerted Rob15 to the problem, and as I understand it he has PM'd Arnie about it in the hope that he can fix it.

The problem is that for some reason the forum software has put a buggered HTML comment in his signature which doesn't get closed, and that means that the web browser thinks that everything else that follows is still a part of the same comment and therefore it doesn't display it.

The only solution until Arnie sorts it out is to go into your Control Panel and turn off the display of signatures.

//edit: I should add that Rob15 has tried everything he can to sort it out :)

Edited by gazchap

There is a shed-load of html-code in Rob's signature. I have spoken with him about it, but neither he, nor the moderators have the ability to fix it, as the same code that is screwing up the pages are also screwing up the settings screen.

I have reported this post to Arnie as important, but he is a very busy chap at the moment. He will most likely have to alter the database manually to fix this so it may take a little while.

However, this problem does NOT affect Internet Explorer Browesrs, so you will not notice a problem unless you are using Firefox or some other browsers that use the same display coding as Firefox.

Motto: Upgrading your browser is all well and good, but if it ain't broke, don't fix it ;)

IE has always worked nicely for me and the new versions are pretty darned good.

Using IE, Having loads of spyware but being able to see rob15's posts correctly or Using firefox, having no viruses and noticing a minor glitch in the forums.

Let me think about this one...

Edited by Puzo
Just goes to show that Internet Explorer is ###### at sticking to the HTML standards then ;)

pretty much how theyve been right from the start. pretty arrogant b'stards that ignored everything the www foundation people tried to establish as stnadard across the world wide web so everyone was equal.. ms/ie turned it into a frigging browser war.

pretty much how theyve been right from the start. pretty arrogant b'stards that ignored everything the www foundation people tried to establish as stnadard across the world wide web so everyone was equal.. ms/ie turned it into a frigging browser war.

Yeah, definitely.

I'm not holding out any hopes for IE7 either. They claim to have put in full standard-compliant CSS2 and even support for 24-bit PNGs with transparency. I bet they screw it up though just so that designers have to design for THEIR browser.

Grrr ;)

Using IE, Having loads of spyware but being able to see rob15's posts correctly or Using firefox, having no viruses and noticing a minor glitch in the forums.

Let me think about this one...

it's a hard un eh? tell me when you have an answer :P