Search issues with 3 letters

Fine Folks,

It seems that forum limits searches to 4 letters or longer. This has a nasty side effect in not being able to search for information on KSC TMP/SPP, as they happen to be exactly 3 letters long. Even searching for "KSC TMP" in quotes did not help.

Is there any way/trick to find all posts/topics about those replicas?

Bit late but another option is to use google to search the website.

If I wanted to look up Uzi related topics posted here on arnies I would type the following into google's search bar:

[uzi site:arniesairsoft.co.uk]

or

Uzi site:arniesairsoft.co.uk

and I'll get search results of the topics with Uzi in them.

Put the keyword you want to search followed by SITE: and then the website. You can do more than one keyword to make the search more specific.

uzi TM site:arniesairsoft.co.uk

or

uzi+TM site:arniesairsoft.co.uk

Would get results only relating to or mentioning the TM uzi.

Works for any website far as I know and considering my limited knowledge of computers I would be very disappointed if I was the only one who knew and used this :/

The astriks/wildcard helps but doesn't get everything, if I typed Uzi* or *uzi into the search box in the sales section I would only get a couple of the sales with uzi mentioned in them instead of all of them(mostly know this because not all of my sales topics come up and I've offered to take Uzi stuff as trades in almost all of them ^_^)

Regards,

-Dale

The funny thing is, I pointed this out last year in this very thread. :)

And got the same answers.

Gosh.

edit-gosh darn it.

I know i have posted a thread like this... but can you see me finding it? *fruitcage*

Edited by Wege

Unfortuneately the Google trick doesn't work for the majority of Arnies because everything but the news and rules section are hidden from non-members. Just checked by searching for "uzi" then an utterly random word ("ding") but only got results from the main news page, the news forum, and the review database.

IIRC last time this was brought up either Arnie or Marlowe said that it's unlikely that 3 letter word searches would likely not be allowed because it would overwork the forum thingamabob.

The best option it seems is to depend on the sad people that lurk all day and post a question. Likely on person would remember a thread from way back, post a link, then tell you to search.

Edit: Just realized it may come off that way, but it I'm not having a go at anyone. :)

Edited by Chris North