Positive Airsoft Press

Ledpocket

You know, sometimes I get really sick of hearing all the whinging, moaning and back-stabbing that people engage in on these boards. But then again, I guess its becuase those types of people are the one's most likely to shoot their mouths off. Like the old saying goes, "The empty can rattles the most."

Yes, of course the NRA is going to say positive things about any kind of gun sport - but its still good to them paying attention to the non-firearm side of things. You also have to bear in mind that they're approaching the subject from the starting point of real-steel shooting; they're not a bunch of airsoft anoracks, so you shouldn't rally be surprised by the tone or by the inaccuracies.

Also, bear in mind that velocity measures are dependent upon a whole lot of variables - look at the data they supplied about their's before jumping to conclusions.

I'm suprised nobody's commented on the NRA being a form of pure evil yet. What? I just did? Oops... ;)

Whilst it is good to see media taking an increasing interest in airsoft, I'm not sure that I'd actually want to see airsofting endorsed by the NRA. The simple fact being that here in Britain we often perceive the NRA (as a result of liberal American programmes such as Bowling For Columbine and The Simpsons) as being a group of radical right wing Americans. As a result, over here the association might not be too productive, and could in fact fall right into the hands of pressure groups campaigning against airsoft.

Sorry to rain on the parade, but I just thought this needed saying. :(

as a result of liberal American programmes such as Bowling For Columbine

The next time anyone mentions Michael Moore or anything made by him, I'm flying to the US to sh*t on his doormat...

I hate the guy.

Sorry, just thought that needed saying :P

Well my experience here in the local gun shops is that airsoft is looked down upon by real-steel-ers.

So I personally view this as good.

Interesting points made on the fact that this article could have negative connotations also.

Oh well. It has generated sales of CA guns, and is not about some poor kid getting killed, so overall I'd call it positive :)

Archived