Plate Carrier

Equalizer

With the real HSGI articles, no. However, you can rectify this by placing layered cardboard "plates" inside the compartments (I just cut up the shipping box it came it). I think KA includes replica plates with their versions.

Either way, it shouldn't be a problem. Pantac replica plates are $20 per set of two.

Oh I'll probably wait until I can get a hold of the real deal for the carrier, but there's no way I'm going to get real plates. In any case how is the comfort level and profile on the 'satches? Would anyone who's used one recommend it for urban combat?

I use mine for both woodland and urban, and it's more at home in urban, as in woodland, you'll be lying prone on your mags fairly often. Not really a huge problem mind you, but just something.

They're quite low profile, and I like to keep mine that way, without any pouches on it ( apart from a MAP occasionally). Comfort wise, I must admit, I find them irritating when you have them all tightened up nicely filled with mags, but as you dump mags, they get looser. You can buy side panels that fix that, but it's still damn irritating. I wonder if some elastic cord would help.

The 'Satch line offers lots of MOLLE space, both on the front bib and the outside of the integral magazine pouches. The entire back panel is available as well. For more room, you can add some side plate carriers.

With no additional pouches on the front, going prone with a 'Satch on is quite easy and comfortable. However, it, as are all other plate carriers, is designed more for dynamic doorkickers than for extended woodland use.

The "Satch comes with the ability to carry 8/12 magazines in addition to a radio and a smoke grenade. You don't need to add anything to get it running.

As with all MOLLE plate carriers, you can configure the 'Satch to your likings. If you for some reason don't like the integral magazine pouches, you can always opt for the Woosatch, which is all MOLLE and no pouches.

My RAV was around $130 i believe, without shipping of course :'( . However im pretty sure than the rav is one of their more expensive vests. FAPC, wee/wasatch, or MBSS carrier will probably be much cheaper.

FELD JAGER, did the RAV you bought from Flyye come with all the goodies shown in the pictures?

I'm at an impasse. Anyone care to compare the wasatch to the interceptor?

In terms of:

-potential

-ergonomics

-value

-versatility

Also, love the sig Shriven :D .

The Weesatch/Watsatch series blows the Interceptor out of the water in every catagory. The Interceptor (or IBA) really isn't that great of a vest. I'd only wear one if I was doing an impression.

FELD JAGER, did the RAV you bought from Flyye come with all the goodies shown in the pictures?

No, i opted for the pouchless version to save money (and i really didnt need most of them). It did come with fake BALCS (?) soft armor which was kinda neat.

Good stuff. It looks like I'm decided though. I'm going to go with a real deal wasatch, once I get enough money ;)

I had a Woosatch, Type A (Followed the sizing of the Wasatch). I would advise against it if you have an average sized waist circumference. Get the Weesatch, so it'll actually fit comfortably.

Archived