M14 Help Needed!

harborne blue

Aargh!

My beloved AGM M14 is completely dead and I don't know what to do! Charged up the battery for the game and nothing - motor doesn't spin or anything. What's gone wrong? No fuse to blow so I am at a loss...

Help! Want my big gun back :unsure:

theres a few things that happened to mine,

1 wires fell off, (crimp the connectors on firmer)

2. contacts got gunked up with grease so stopped the contact

3. trigger transfer thingy (connects trigger to contacts) snapped resulting in it not working

does anything at all happen when you pull the trigger? is there any noise from the motor trying to spin?

its possible your problem isnt electrical seeing as its the agm m14, its very possible your trigger unit has snapped the lug off of it, very common on these. as a result pulling the trigger will do nothing as its not connecting to anything.

take the reciever out of the stock and connect up a battery, try pulling the trigger and see what the mechanism does, if it doesnt move the switch then thats your problem. also try manually moving the trigger switch and see what happens.

if thats not the problem then try taking the stock wires off at the small connector and attaching battery straight to these and see what happens, the stock wires do get damaged sometimes with use, and also the negative sometimes furs up on the connector so have a look .

let us know how you get on fella. j

I pulled the stock off and checked all the connections and they seem okay.

Connected up a battery and pulled the trigger and nothing happened. Re-seated all the connections and tried again but still no joy.

How do I check the trigger lug thingy?

Right, when you remove the stock,

lye the mechbox and barrel assembly down, if you were shouldering the rifle, look to the left side of the rifle,

there should be the contacts. there is the trigger, a peice which has that lug and then a plastic peice wich connects to the contacts

that is the lug to check, if you pull the trigger, see if that peice of plastic is being pushed.

Richard

Archived