GBB rifles with 134a?

jond36

I reckon if you build you rifle accordingly you shouldn't have problem with WA system. Stock WA I'd imagine will run on Duster Gas. Its about moving mass and spring and bolt resistence. Reducing those will help you cycle on less powerful gas.

Aftermarket parts have light weight bolt carrier, light rate recoil spring, and light weight bolt/nozzle. Do note that this will also decrease kick, but will help lower gas consumption too...

what he said

with the NPAS you can then get the FPS that a standard non adjustable GHK bolt would offer on 134a (or go even lower if you want) but retain the kick of the green gas proppellant to ensure reliable cycling, and the useable minimum temperature and cool down characteristics will remain that of green gas (as thats what you'll have in it), not 134a.

and the useable minimum temperature and cool down characteristics will remain that of green gas (as thats what you'll have in it), not 134a.

To be pedantic, 134a actually works better than propane (except for the whole "power" thing).

It doesn't cool down as much and it gives better consistency from shot to shot.

134a also gives you more shots per fill of gas.

I dunno.

Just different characteristics of different gasses, I guess.

How easy is the NPAS to adjust on field? The vid looks like it needs you to take it apart with many small parts to turn something. I might have read his intention wrong but he seems to want to do this on the field.

To be pedantic, 134a actually works better than propane (except for the whole "power" thing).

It doesn't cool down as much and it gives better consistency from shot to shot.

134a also gives you more shots per fill of gas.

I dunno.

Just different characteristics of different gasses, I guess.

Cool down is a byproduct of the rapid discharging of higher pressure gas....the delta P is much higher for propane....

Propane is just a necessary evil for running heavier bits with full metal gun that people likes, and the running cost of propane is much lower....

all he want to do is be able to use a GBBR in cqb and woodland. the NPAS can only be purchaced from ratech themselver(here). its a bit expensive, but it saves you from buying duster gas which is around 10 bucks a can and doesn't last as long as propane. its an investment.

to adjust the npas, all you need to do is take the bolt out and stick the adjustment tool down the nozzle and turn it like a screw.

to adjust the npas, all you need to do is take the bolt out and stick the adjustment tool down the nozzle and turn it like a screw.

As long as you have the "Simple Adjustment NPAS". Their first round NPAS didn't have that and you had to actually take the bolt and everything apart to adjust it I believe.

IS there a new NPAS by RATech? I have an Inokatsu with the RATech NPAS. Adjustment requires you to take out the bolt, then disassmble the nozzle before being able to reach the adjustable part. that said. The stock inokatsu doesn't run on 134a. The stock bolt is too heavy and the buffer spring too stiff.

IS there a new NPAS by RATech? I have an Inokatsu with the RATech NPAS. Adjustment requires you to take out the bolt, then disassmble the nozzle before being able to reach the adjustable part. that said. The stock inokatsu doesn't run on 134a. The stock bolt is too heavy and the buffer spring too stiff.

Yes, if you look on their website they have a video for the "Simple Adjustment System" NPAS, where you literally take out the bolt, stick a key into the back of it, turn it, and that adjusts the FPS.

Sorry, I meant to elaberate. Where in the USA can you buy 134a?

Also I forgot to mention Propane smells like ... well you know. Everyone I play with says it smells the whole course up. So now if I want to use propane I have to buy Green Gas so it smells ok with out giving the whole field a headache. It is not bad with a pistol, but a few mags of a GBB rifle and it smells bad!

i would just screw them. if its not in the rules, use the "its cheaper" excuse to use propane.

in the US, the only other way to get 134a gas it to buy computer duster gas. duster gas is the most popular alternative and is in the same relationship with 134a as propane is with green gas. you just pick up your choice of brand and pry off anything on top till you reach the feed neck. then you plug on am AI duster adapter and your ready to fill mags:

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/DAdaptor.html

other than that. im pretty sure you can find airsoft 134a gas in the larger shops.

i would just screw them. if its not in the rules, use the "its cheaper" excuse to use propane.

in the US, the only other way to get 134a gas it to buy computer duster gas. duster gas is the most popular alternative and is in the same relationship with 134a as propane is with green gas. you just pick up your choice of brand and pry off anything on top till you reach the feed neck. then you plug on am AI duster adapter and your ready to fill mags:

http://www.airsoft-innovations.com/DAdaptor.html

other than that. im pretty sure you can find airsoft 134a gas in the larger shops.

You can get Duster from www.weaponblender.com - I just picked up some last week.

Archived