How long should I expect to wait for a Refund from Airsoft World?

ollie_ty

Hi guys,

I tried to snap up an ARES G36C from Airsoft world, as they were going for a tasty price :)

All went well, until 2 days after I ordered, I received an email saying that the gun was out of stock, and that I was to be refunded.

I received that email on Friday, and both my AirsoftWorld Account AND my Paypal account said I've been refunded. But I checked my Bank account online statement today, and it says that the date for Taking the money OUT of my account is Tomorrow! :huh:

So, Anyone have experience with this sort of thing?

Cheers,

Ollie.

Yeah, as Stealth says the money should be sitting in your paypal account but I imagine that it will be held for a bit.

My apologies if this seems a bit patronising:

1) You pay via paypal opting to use your bank account/card as a funding source.

2) Paypal sends the money straight to the seller and makes a debit request to your bank.

3) The seller gets their funds, starts sending stuff out etc. A few days later the value of the order leaves your bank account, reimbursing paypal.

In the event of a refund, if the funds have not cleared from your bank account to paypal then they put a hold on those funds as they aren't technically yours. I imagine if the funds haven't left your account then you should see something like that on your paypal statement.

All fairly normal really as long as you can see money has been refunded to your paypal account, you then have to 'withdraw' it back to your bank account.

Also remember that if you are getting the email on Friday telling you they are going to do the refund, then they do it AFTER business hours on that Friday..... well you'll have to wait until Monday as deposits are generally processed LAST on any given business day and if you don't make it within those times they hold onto your money.

whew, I reread that and it even sounded confusing to me....

Short story

Wait till Monday and see if the bank has processed it by then. If its paypal payment the other guys covered it.

Whatever method you paid by gets refunded, money only goes into your paypal account if you paid using a paypal balance, so if PP is linked to your bank account/debit or credit card the funding source get refunded, takes up to 7 days, 4 working days is the norm.

yeh, paypal sucks goats!

Basically, they make more money out of you, the longer they hold onto your cash, by investments and interest ect. If you ever have money in your pp account, transfer it into your bank, as if you need it asap, you can guarentee it will take the full "x amount" of working days to clear!

Archived