Need some help choosing an EoTech clone...

Silent_Assassin

I'm planning on placing an order with Ehobby Asia within a week or so but I just need some help/opinions with regards to which EoTech clone to buy.

Here are my choices below:-

1. EA 557
  2. EA 556
  3. EA 551

Now I was originally going to buy the EA 556 but after reading a few reviews on EBairsoft (EbayBanned) they're not that good. However I can't be 100% sure that they are the same manufacturer.

Has anyone got any experience with any of the above?

Josh

Actually this 552 from EB has pretty good reviews:

http://www.ebairsoft.com/fully-adjustable-...ver-p-2045.html

EDIT:

Seems like the ones from Dragon Red still have better quality though.

There's no point in me buying it from EB because I'm placing a large order at Ehobby Asia.

The 557 is a little too long for my liking (its going on an M14) which is why I like the 556, but I'm not sure of the quality. I might just play it safe and buy the 551.

Josh

There's no point in me buying it from EB because I'm placing a large order at Ehobby Asia.

The 557 is a little too long for my liking (its going on an M14) which is why I like the 556, but I'm not sure of the quality. I might just play it safe and buy the 551.

Josh

You won't save any money if you're buying everything from Ehobb-Asia, simply because the more items you put in your cart, the more shipping cost you will have to pay. They don't have a flat rate for shipping or something. The only advantage would be that you're getting everything in one package, but I would rather pay those extra 20$ more to get a higher quality clone from Dragen Red.

The 551 at Dragen Red only costs 54$ plus 15$ shipping.

You won't save any money if you're buying everything from Ehobb-Asia, simply because the more items you put in your cart, the more shipping cost you will have to pay. They don't have a flat rate for shipping or something. The only advantage would be that you're getting everything in one package, but I would rather pay those extra 20$ more to get a higher quality clone from Dragen Red.

The price difference for shipping is $6 or about £4.

Besides a 551 clone from DragonRed is $54 + $15 shipping. Thats more than I want to pay.

Josh

Yea so would you rather pay 61$ shipped for an 551 from EhobbAsia, where you don't really know if it's ###### or not, or simply pay 70$ shipped and get one from Dragon Red where you can be sure to get good quality. Seems kinda obvious to me.

Not that obvious apparently. If you re-read my previous posts then you'll know see that...

There's no point in me buying it from EB (or any other retailer for that matter) because I'm placing a large order at Ehobby Asia.

Dragon Red doesn't sell the other items I want from Ehobby Asia so the fact is, if I buy the EoTech from Dragon Red I'll actually be spending more money.

Josh

Alright get one from EhobbAsia then. :)

I still don't really get why 8$ price difference and getting everything in only one package seem like such a big deal to you.

Because this is my 4th Ehobby Asia order this year and I've never had any problems with them :)

Josh

I'm currently using a clone of a Hurricane Eotech 552 clone :huh: and it's the best friggin thing ever. Super bright and sharp reticule, very little ghosting when using the correct brightness for the ambient light level (so using max brightness in darkness you'll see ghosting, but max brightness during daylight gives you no ghosting).

The brightness is such that even when aiming almost directly into the sun, you can still clearly see the reticule.

I have no idea where you can actually get these, but I'm in the process of finding out.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a general question about EoTech clones...

They are all just reddots, so obviously you can see the dot from the opposite side. But won't give this away your positiong when you're playing at night? Or isn't it that big of a deal?

Does anybody have experience playing at night with an EoTech clone?

Yes exactly. It's that colored mirror that's so visible, not the actual dot.

Many a time I've been saved by the red/orange flash of a reddot aiming right at me, giving me time to duck before the hail of boollets. :P

But probably only in the daytime right? ;)

The EoTech clones don't have this red/orange mirrored glass, which is why you can actually see the dot on the opposite side. That's why I asked if anyone had experience using them at night.

But I guess you need 2 reddots, one mirrored for night games and a non-mirrored for day games?

Archived