Gas Vs Battery

JimHensonMadeMe

Gas Blow Back any day.

And if you have the money then TM or KSC for the replica you want.

Also the most fun i had is fast shooting a HFC Desert Eagle on Green, bloody grin inducing gun.

After 37 gas pistols (well a few were NBB's) i just love the damn things, especially the KSC USP's and the TM 1911's, both good choices.

'FireKnife'

Concider how often you use your sidearm.

Is it worh the hassle of buying and carrying gas, maintaining magazines, lubricationg/repairing your pistol every now and then for that precious pew pew pew alide action? Choice is yours.

Both are about about equally skirmishable. The generic gbb is moar pew pew pew fancy, while the generic aep is a lot cheaper and just as - or more - effective.

For me, no way im paying +100$ for a pistol that spends 99% of its time in the holster anyway.

• 2 weeks later...

I'm a GBB man myself so I have to put in a good word for them.

I never had any desire to buy an AEP other than to see if it could even come close to a GBB. I think that having an electrical trigger response would be very very annoying though (I'm assuming that AEP's are like the AEG's I have used). Then again, I do a lot of my shooting with race tuned Hi-Capa's and it's have to get a shorter lighter trigger than that.

One thing that I like about GBB's that no one else has mentioned thus far is the benefits of being able to gas and go. I hate having to mess with batteries that never seemed to be charged when you want to use your gun. With gas all you have to do is grab a can, fill up the mag, and shoot to your hearts content.

Plus, if you want any sort of power gas is the only way to go. My race Hi-Capa is averaging ~410 FPS over ten shots under standard conditions. :D

Archived