Infamous P90 Semi-Auto Problem

HolyHandGrenad3

Does anyone know how to fix the infamous problem with P90s where semi-auto is almost impossible to pull? My friend when he got his long barreled KS P90 his was able to be pulled, but was quite hard to pull. Mine on the other hand was perfect, UNTIL I went messing in my GB, and now mine cannot be shot on semi unless I use 2 fingers! Which is fine for decompressing my spring but impossible to do during a game... I instead have to 3 shot burst always... Anyone have or know where a picture guide to fixing this problem is? I am not the first person to have this problem I know, I've heard of it happening to every kind of P90 from KS to TM... I guess it has something to do with the selector plate shifting, but I have no idea where to begin. Thanks.

"My P90 stopped working properly after I took it to bits"?

That's not the "famous P90 Semi-Auto Problem".

That's the famous "I screwed up my gun because I don't know what I'm doing" problem. <_<

There shouldn't be any real force required to shoot in semi with a P90.

If you're having to pull the trigger that hard it's probably because you've screwed something up and you need to unscrew it.

I'd suggest you start by removing the gearbox and activating the trigger-block manually.

If that works easily then the problem is something to do with the trigger bar instead.

There are 2 sets of trigger contacts on the P90. One set for semi (which make contact first) and another set for auto (which require the shooter to pull the trigger further back).

My first thought is that your problem is that the semi contacts are burned and that's why you're having to mash the trigger to get it to fire in semi.

While you have the gearbox out of the gun, inspect the contacts and clean them if neccesary.

If this IS your problem then you need a mosfet to sort it out properly.

FYI, the ACTUAL "P90 semi problem" is that if you take your finger off the trigger before the firing cycle is complete the gun can lock up and won't fire again until you manually reset the cut-off lever (usually by giving the gun a gentle thump).

Tried it before with the GB out, the "trigger-block" also has to be pushed quite hard. And FYI, I know my way around the major parts in a GB and did not go anywhere near the trigger assembly. And also, I've heard of this happening many times with P90s but cannot find anywhere with a solution... I didn't come here to get mouthed at about how I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks.

Tried it before with the GB out, the "trigger-block" also has to be pushed quite hard. And FYI, I know my way around the major parts in a GB and did not go anywhere near the trigger assembly. And also, I've heard of this happening many times with P90s but cannot find anywhere with a solution... I didn't come here to get mouthed at about how I have no idea what I'm doing. Thanks.

Please yourself.

Best of luck with it.

Be sure to let us know how you get on. :)

the mosfet and how to build a mosfet threads are the best place to start.

but if your trigger mech is stiff, maybe something has got into either the safety

or the trigger bar guides. strip it out clean it and put it back together.

i apologise also for sounding harsh, but so many moan that things dont work after

a bit of diy.

Have a look to see if the semi auto trigger contact has got knocked back so when you press the trigger, both trigger contacts are engaging at nearly the same instant. I had this with my AUG. I simply pressed it out a little and made sure one engaged seperatly from the other.

You want two distinct levels when pressing the trigger.

i apologise also for sounding harsh, but so many moan that things dont work after

a bit of diy.

I agree, I've had to help plenty of people on Airsoft GI's forums for basically the same thing I've done here... Well, anyways, I don't completely understand the trigger mech. in a P90, which contact is semi and which is auto? Anyone happen to know where a guide for this is? I sorta' wonder if the semi contact didn't get pushed back too far, and needs pulled back out a lil'. Thanks.

Alright took some pictures of my trigger block... Unfortuanately, my camera can't focus very close, so they're not great quality. Here's links:

Right side: http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/t...61/DSCF3803.jpg

Left side: http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/t...61/DSCF3806.jpg

From the bottom: http://i678.photobucket.com/albums/vv145/t...61/DSCF3805.jpg

Looks like my trigger block's contact is burnt, will that clean off? And how did it happen? How can I keep it from happening again?

It actually is very easy to remove the metal thingy. If you want, I'll take a video tomorrow and post it at youtube for you to see.

My youtube name is rickybh and I post videos every week. :D

I also have a thread with regards to my KS P90 and you might find some useful information there. Here's the link... KS P90

If you would, I'd appreciate it very much. Guess your P90 was one of the first gen KSes (as junky as that thing is errr, was), mine measures up with E1s and CAs (not great, but good enough for what I use it for) but then again, I've put $200 worth of upgrades into mine.

EDIT: Nah, figured out how to remove it, quite easy. Thanks.

Archived