Validation of Order?

olliebucknollie

Hi Redwolf Airsoft and guys on Arnies,

Lately I have been sorting out an order on RedwolfAirsoft.com regarding some combat gear etc.

I made the order and a few seconds later received the confirmation e-mails. Fine.

But I then received an email asking (for validity reasons) to send them pictures of my credit card, Front and Back and also a picture of my ID/passport/drivers lisence.

To me this seems very strange and have never had to do this before when purchasing things on-line.

Can anyone enlighten me? Is this normal procedure?

Thanks.

Hi Redwolf Airsoft and guys on Arnies,

Lately I have been sorting out an order on RedwolfAirsoft.com regarding some combat gear etc.

I made the order and a few seconds later received the confirmation e-mails. Fine.

But I then received an email asking (for validity reasons) to send them pictures of my credit card, Front and Back and also a picture of my ID/passport/drivers lisence.

To me this seems very strange and have never had to do this before when purchasing things on-line.

Can anyone enlighten me? Is this normal procedure?

Thanks.

Usually the CCV number on the back of the card should suffice, there should be no reason to send a picture of it electronically and I would check with your card issuer on the legallity of thier request. This may be stepping over the line on credit card regulations. I worked for a credit card company for a year and never heard of a company requesting a copy othe the card front and back, sending it defeats the security of the CCV number on the back. as for your passport being sent via electronic purposes I would be hesitant, it will have your SSN or tax ID number or other information depending on you country of citizenship that can easily be used to steal your identity. I'm not saying redwolf would use this information for evil, but not every employee is trustworthy and sending through electronic metheds mean that someone can intercept it. I would try to send funds through paypal instead if possible. It puts the verification in the hads of PayPal, with whom I trust much more.

Too bloody right, NO way would I ever give pics of my cards or ID to anyone.

Send Redwolf an email and advise them that sending images of your cards is strictly against your banks security policy and that you are cancelling the order.

Also tell them about this thread on Arnies, they'll soon get the message when their order numbers drop through the floor.

• 2 weeks later...

just use paypal man i have never had any problems just received two orders over $300 each and no problems at all

to be fair if you sent them a pic of your card just blerr the first set of numbers with photoshop the they can see your name etc

Never send anyone pictures of your credit card, or ID, that's just a recipe to get your identity stolen.

A little off topic, but how is Redwolf and WGC shipping prices? Lets say for an airsoft gun.

And how is Redwolf overpriced?

Dark Earth Ares Tavor at Redwolf: $385

http://redwolfairsoft.com/redwolf/airsoft/...il?prodID=28062

Same model at WGC: $409

http://www.wgcshop.com/wgc2008/main/produc...al&rs=tavor

I may be looking in a different area than you are, but from what I see, Redwolf is $24 cheaper than WGC on this product. Not life changing, but definitely a incentive to buy from then than WGC.

How are you to know that Redwolf will properly handle and then dispose of your details once finished? What kind of computer will your details be kept on, and who has access to it? Are Redwolf's employees properly vetted, checked, and trained for this sort of thing?

There is no way I'd do anything like that, mate.

Ben.

• 2 weeks later...

My cousin works directly for VISA in there fraud investigation department. He deals more with big time international credit card rings etc but I happened to ask him about this. Took him a couple weeks to get back to me but here goes...

He said under NO circumstances is it appropriate for a retailer to ASK a customer to send such vital information via electronic means. This goes against the PCI compliancy they have with VISA, MASTERCARD etc and is grounds to have their accounts closed with just about every credit card processor in the world.

He said the proper way to deal such issues from Redwolfs end, if they are unsure of a card that is, would be to call VISA, Mastercard, AMX etc directly and ask for a credit card authorization code.

He said basically the retailer calls us and gives us the payment details, we contact the customer and verify they did in fact place this order etc. Then we contact the seller back after we are satisfied that the real card holder did in fact place the order and we give the seller a credit card authorization number that basically OK's the order. This puts the seller in the clear from charge backs from stolen cards etc and give the seller no unsecured information on there end, information they are not allowed to keep on file anyway without being PCI Compliant and requesting scanned or pictures of ID's and cards via email OR fax is so far not PC Complaint, it's not even funny the trouble they could get in if someone filed a complaint with VISA, MC, AMX or any of the other big companies..

So anyway if anyone from Redwolf is watching, that's how your suppose to handle it. Call up the card company directly, give them the customers credit card number, name, address, amount they spent and ask for an authorization code. The CC issuer will do the rest and if they mess up, it's not your fault. The CC issuer will already know how to contact the card holder so you don't even need to give them the phone number they put on file.

• 6 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Archived