Model Railways

Punkypink

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn it, heres a past time I had completely forgotten about, but looking at those pictures has made me think the loft needs converting into a lego train themed rail way. Yes I have a problem with lego, it just won't go away. After getting help with my P90 fixation, lego took over. Maybe I should go back to the P90 love.

I already have a space theme lego monorail set, oh *suitcase*, I've already started to plan it out in my head, at least the P90 didn't take up much room! :(:unsure::wacko:

Damn it, heres a past time I had completely forgotten about, but looking at those pictures has made me think the loft needs converting into a lego train themed rail way. Yes I have a problem with lego, it just won't go away. After getting help with my P90 fixation, lego took over. Maybe I should go back to the P90 love.

I already have a space theme lego monorail set, oh *suitcase*, I've already started to plan it out in my head, at least the P90 didn't take up much room! :(:unsure::wacko:

My younger brother has a massive lego obsession, especially with the castles and medieval sets. So does my cousin who's a year younger than me.

And then I once collected those posable 1/6 scale figures. Back when Ultimate Soldier and Dragon Toys were pretty much JUST starting out in this line. My younger bro caught the fever from me and now has a very sizable collection of WWII figures easily worth £5k.

not a train but here we go anyway :D

here is my armotek panzer 3 ausf l i am building

it is in 1/6th scale ltd edition in ali and steel and it weighs in at just under 15stone

total cost running £3200

yeovil2009008.jpg

yeovil2009009.jpg

yeovil2009017.jpg

yeovil2009016.jpg

and 2 of my heng long 1/16th tanks the grey one is a panzer 3 and snow camo is a tiger 1

yeovil2009010.jpg

Whoa. You don't happen to collect those 1/6th scale figures too do you?

hi yah

i will only be getting a couple of ww2 german panzer crewmen for the tank to finish it off . i dont collect the 1/6th figures some of my mates do and they are pretty awsome when all weathered up and all the accesories are added .

• 3 weeks later...

I do apologise if this is a thread bump, have only just found it.

I've also been interested in railways since I was a wee nipper, in fact my father used to take me out on weekend day trips to sample the proper trains of British Rail's pre-privitisation, namely the locomotive hauled Oxford-Paddington and Waterloo-Exeter Network SouthEast expresses. Oh my kingdom for a decent

;)

Ironically enough I now work at the station involved in the link I posted above, and we only get Turbo units and High Speed Trains (or InterCity 125s for those who remember the adverts) now.

Anyone interested I've got a few railway related videos up on my YouTube ;)

• 3 weeks later...

I do have a model railway (more of a 'train set' doesn't really model anything and is just a a oval shape...). But it is currently sitting on it's side in the shed with no trains or buildings on it... All this talk is making me want to fix it up again, but a lack of room is stopping me...

Aside from that airsoft is my only serious hobby. Oh and messing about on computers, if that counts. I find loads of things interesting, but I don't consider any of them to be my hobbies...

Archived