Barrel compatiable between Bar10 and HiCapa?

Corkie121

Hey all,

Need to know whether the barrel from the JG Bar10 is compatiable with the Marui Hi Capa, odd question I know but I really can't see whether or not it will fit and I don't want to take the Hi Capa apart to find out. Does anyone know for certain?

Cheers,

Corkie

Yeas, the vsr barrel & hop rubber are compatible with the Marui hi-cappa.

Most Marui pistols use this hop rubber & barrel configuration.

The silliest I did, was to slap a 555mm vsr barrel into a socom mk23! Great, semi auto vsr. :D Do a search as this was well documented at the time. I slapped a scope on mine & 'Wallysquad' even went as far a adding a shoulder stock!

There was a spate of these type of 'sniper pistols' a few years ago, inspired by the stti stealth assassin. This gun is a cheap copy of the Marui mk23. The silencer contains a barrel extension, which, when fitted, is not particularly accurate but raises the power to about 450fps.

This sparked interest in what could be achieved by extending , with a decent quality barrel.

You probably won't get too much in the way of accuracy, as the hi-capa barrel floats & moves with each cycle of the blowback unit. (the socom does not) However, you can expect some healthy increases in fps.

Greg.

I'm surprised at all the positive answers.

VSR and Hi-Capa inner barrels are not compatible. They take the same hop-up rubbers, yes, but the two cuts in the barrel that match the locking ridges in the hop-up assembly are in different positions.

I don't know about the MK23, but the Marui Glock 26 has the barrel cuts in the same position as the VSR, making them fully compatible.

That said, it's a trivial matter to make new cuts in the correct position to fit the Hi-Capa hop-up assembly.

barrels.jpg

I'm surprised at all the positive answers.

VSR and Hi-Capa inner barrels are not compatible. They take the same hop-up rubbers, yes, but the two cuts in the barrel that match the locking ridges in the hop-up assembly are in different positions.

That said, it's a trivial matter to make new cuts in the correct position to fit the Hi-Capa hop-up assembly.

Astonishing, you are quite right.

I don't know how I missed that.

I just tipped a bunch of barrels out. The VSR & Mk23 are common.

The, hicap/1911 is different, as you indicate.

Having successfully replaced the mk23 with a vsr barrel & noted that the others shared the common rubber, I had incorrectly assumed that they all shared the same mounting/alignment slots. :mellow:

Well done & thank you for that correction.

Greg.

Archived