TM Sig 226 piston spring

Sonic Reducer

i have a TM Sig P226 and a few months ago when i was shooting it the gun stopped loading a new round after firing. when i field stripped the gun i saw the spring that returns the piston after extending (the piston that makes the slide recoil and pick a new round off the mag) was sticking out along the side of the piston.

as far as i can tell, it looks like whatever held the spring on the other side broke. i can't tell by the naked eye if it's the same pot-metal block that the rear sight screws to, the one that the piston is housed inside; or if there was some part i don't remember disassembling before, but whatever held the spring in to compress against the piston at the other end is gone.

what needs to be replaced to fix it? i hope it's not the metal block because that looks like it'd be expensive to replace

The spring just sits in a groove, have you tried reseating it ?

I've had that happen to me, the sping was bent right out of shape and i still got it in the groove and it still works perfectly.

hey do me a favor, lock your slide back and pull the nozzle piston so it's extended. does it snap back? i seem to remember it doing that but i honestly haven't had any gas to test for a while.

it's cycling now, but is it normal for the outer barrel to slide below the rear of the ejection port on the slide? i fired a couple shots and it jammed twice like that. the outer barrel fits where it's supposed to go, but then i can push it towards the back of the gun, and it will slip under the rear of the ejection port and jam there.

.:Edit:. Now empicturated

P2030032.JPG

P2030033.JPG

P2030034.JPG

P2030035.JPG

P2030036.JPG

P2030037.JPG

it looks like wear on the slide letting it slip out. i was gonna get a MBK one day, should i think about making that day soon?

Those pictures: I have a 22' monitor and a very fast internet connection -- but are you *fruitcage* kidding me?

sorry, i thought it resized the pics for me. some forums resize pics down to thumbnails and it's permanent, i thought thats how arnies was.

my bad

by the way, have you ever seen a P226 do that?

I don't recall P226-10 being in either of the sigs i have owned ? just the spring, it pushed against a stopper on the plunger/nozzle P226-14 ?

that's exactly what it does, and i think the diagram is a little off. P226-14 has a little nubbin (it's the lowest part on the diagram) that the spring pushes against to reset the nozzle. perhaps there is a version that doesn't need P226-10 but on my gun the spring sits in there loose. if i point the gun forward the spring slides out.

i think my gun needs P226-10 to fix the nozzle, and possibly another slide to fix the issue illustrated in the ginormous pics

.:EDIT:. forgot to mention how the diagram is off, P226-10/11 are indeed on the other side. i double-checked and the nubbin on 14 is indeed what 10 then 11 push on.

I think that may be a another brand of 226 ?

sig spring sits in the left side of the housing as you said,

I don't think you need part 10 to fix it, part 14 holds it in once in the slide ?

It's been 3 years since I built my sigs though, working from memory ?

I think that may be a another brand of 226 ?

sig spring sits in the left side of the housing as you said,

I don't think you need part 10 to fix it, part 14 holds it in once in the slide ?

It's been 3 years since I built my sigs though, working from memory ?

part 14's nubbin contacts the spring on the side you don't see, the spring pushes the piston back towards your hand when it's completely extended. my spring will fall out if i point my gun at the ground

p2060038.th.jpg

p2060040.th.jpg

p2060039o.th.jpg

remembered to make small pics lol

There's supposed to be a small ledge on the inside of the slide where the spring rests against. P226-10 isn't the problem as it's only a spring guide. Your problem is that the ledge on the slide looks to have broken off. You need a new slide.

i have a feeling that the little bit that broke off would also keep the barrel from going to far back, since the problems developed at the same time and in the same basic area

i have a feeling that the little bit that broke off would also keep the barrel from going to far back, since the problems developed at the same time and in the same basic area

What kind of metal body you have?

As for the Ledge missing part, I think p226-10 sits against the slide which makes the spring stay.

I got a spare if you want it.

if the spring wont stay in a part you do not need will not stay in either, what is needed is a Marui disassembly guide ?

that spring and part 10 are on the wrong side of the bbu, you need a new part 14 (in whatever part # Marui give it)

if the spring wont stay in a part you do not need will not stay in either, what is needed is a Marui disassembly guide ?

that spring and part 10 are on the wrong side of the bbu, you need a new part 14 (in whatever part # Marui give it)

whats a BBU?

whatever the wider part of P226-10 hits on i don't have. i can't tell if it's something on the slide or on P226-5 or something else i don't see. without a working P226 i have nothing to compare it to.

could someone take a pic like the middle pic in this post? or if they could just look at the spring and see what holds it in place it would be greatly appreciated

jrara, i don't have a P226-10 so i'll need one either way

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=102356&hl=

You do need a part 10, I don't recall it being in my sigs, but it has to be, I did a lot of hicap slide conversions back then too, maybe I am confusing them, bbu is the blowback unit :)

And if you are missing part 10, look around the floor in the room you disssembled the slide in, it'll be there somewhere ;)

http://www.arniesairsoft.co.uk/forums/inde...=102356&hl=

You do need a part 10, I don't recall it being in my sigs, but it has to be, I did a lot of hicap slide conversions back then too, maybe I am confusing them, bbu is the blowback unit :)

And if you are missing part 10, look around the floor in the room you disssembled the slide in, it'll be there somewhere ;)

i've looked all over, guess thats what happens when you break something and don't get around to fixing it for a couple months

Ask and you shall receive.

For the Full Diagram go to Tm P226 diagrams

p226diagram2.jpg

i just found that exact page about 20 minutes ago (links are still purple lol), but i couldn't edit my post.

i'm very happy because Dentrinity carries P226-80, if i get it and P226-78 i've got a third mag! i don't want to get a high-flow valve cause i'd feel like i needed them for the other two for consistency

Archived