Magpul CTR & moe stocks...

hugh_b

Hi guy's, just wanted to ask a few questions about the moe and the ctr stocks. I've had a moe and quite liked it but i'm wondering if the ctr is any better for my needs....

-I understand the ctr has a friction lock, does this remove all the wobble in the stock or is it a little gimicky?

-Does the ctr (pts version) come with a rubber butt pad like the moe?

-I'm wanting to run a li-po in the stock tube, what stock is easiest to remove from the stock tube? (I seem to remember the moe was alittle tricky but maybe i was doing it wrong!)

Thanks

Hugh

CTR stocks have a few upgrades on an MOE;

Friction lock takes out any wobble on the buffer tube when closed.

QD Sling stud socket on the top, back corner of the stock.

They are a little easier to remove - Because you can open the friction lock by pulling it down, it makes it a little easier to pinch the pin between finger and thumb and pull it down further to slide the stock off.

And they look cool. :)

I've bought and skirmished both the MOE and CTR on the same rifle, and really, for something used to brace your weapon on your shoulder, the MOE does the job just as well for less money. It's going to depend a little bit on the diameter of your buffer tube, but the MOE was just as solid as the CTR I use. Unless you specifically want the QD sling point (I've never seen anyone use it and I know I don't) then provided you don't have an unusually skinny buffer tube you might as well go with the MOE.

My CTR is a £20 ACM one - Works just as well as the £70 odd PTS on a friend's rifle smile.gif

Genuine PTS, i'd say go with the MOE stock. If you don't mind ACM, get a CTR.

*edit* By the way hugh, if it's going on the LMT - I DEMAND PICATURES!

My CTR is a £20 ACM one - Works just as well as the £70 odd PTS on a friend's rifle smile.gif

Genuine PTS, i'd say go with the MOE stock. If you don't mind ACM, get a CTR.

*edit* By the way hugh, if it's going on the LMT - I DEMAND PICATURES!

It is buddy!! Pics will be up in your lmt review thread when it arrives!

Archived