Best Docter Replica

BerserkDS

I find that the clone auto-adjust ones are just plain junk. I bought 2 of the ones not with the thumb tightening base for $45 USD each.

In the day it was too dim to see the dot. At night it was also too dim.

When the cover is on or when the sensor is covered, it doesn't switch off.

The mount base is off to one side slightly which means that it would zero at a particular range but beyond that it would shoot off.

I replaced the LED with a super bright one. Now its bright in the day and bright enough for night but does not switch off and drain batteries.

The other thing is that if you are in a dim room and aiming out to a bright area the sights will remain dim, however when you are outside aiming into a dim room then the sights will remain bright, which in both cases are a pain in the @rse.

I've tried 5 different Docter replicas (G&P, Samurai, ACM, Sightmark, and one other I can't remember) and come to the distinct conclusion that they're all junk for the same reason. They all have horrible battery life due to a poorly designed auto-dimming sensor for the red dot that makes it never fully shot off, thus your battery drains to the point of uselessness a few days after installation. There are ones that have a On/Off switch instead of an auto-dimming sensor, but those are equally useless since the dot is almost never bright enough to see in the sunlight and the brightness cannot be adjusted.

So, if you want an answer to what will be the cheapest way to get a worthwhile Docter style sight than I recommend the Burris Fastfire II red dot sight. It's styled after the Docter sight and fits Docter mount bases, works excellently with it's combination of a auto-brightness adjustment sensor and a manual on/off switch, and is vastly less expensive than the Docter brand sight. Unfortunately it's much more expensive than airsoft grade optics, but if you want a functional and useful Docter style sight than the Burris Fastfire II is the cheapest option I can recommend.

My buddy has an NCStar Docter mounted on top of his TA01 ACOG that sits on his WE GBB M4. I use it all the time when I borrow his gun and the sight has performed well. The dot is bright and decently sharp and can be seen in a sunny California day. It also shuts off with the cover and is built decently. I would definitely recommend it since it has done its job perfectly everytime I used it and has never failed on me.

By the way, NCStar is a low-end RS optics manufacturer.

-Luis

Archived