Dad is starting airsoft as a support gunner.

Short Stack

So here is what I have prepared for him. He's on a budget of like under $1200, because money is being spent on building a house.

Woodland BDU shirt and pants. Basic surplus or something like that.

Knee Pads:Alta kneepads are great.

Boots:He already has good ones

Gloves:Some black work gloves

A&K M249 SAW Fullsize full stock:Self Explanatory, with .20s

Some type of Ciras. Should get one already with pouches or buy pouches seperate?

Spare boxmag for SAW:A&K

Bunch of m4 hi-caps:Dunno yet what brand

Hydration and radio and stuff: some carrier, canteens, and maybe use my other radio.

Helmet: A real good one.

Goggles: Some turbofans or something that is good against fog and sweat.

Battery:What size? would type of 9.6v?

Secondary: Some type of WE 1911, that's what he used in the marines.

Secondary pistol mags

Anything im missing? Any ideas? He is a beginner, has been in military, no active service though.

OK

OK

OK

OK

OK, but a good 2 point SAW sling is a MUST. Get a lower RAS, a Gripod and ditch the *suitcasey* stock bipod.

Some type of Ciras. Should get one already with pouches or buy pouches seperate?

I sugest a lighter vest like a RRV with: 2 SAW pouches, 1 radio pouch, 1 utility pouch and a hydration pouch.....more than that is useless weigth.

Get MAG nutsacks. They are smaller and dont wake up the dead while rattling.

MAG mid caps. They are good, cheap and come in a box of 8

I use boonie hats or caps....i leave my Mich 2001 for urban games

GREAT

I use LIPO 7.4v 2200 Mah. Small and pack a great puch

Secondary pistol mags

I use a CYMA G18C...never let me down and its full auto too.

I hope i could help.

Cheers and good luck

;)

you might want to try the KWA 1911 offerings.

And, if you trust it, get some GOOD mesh goggles ( NOT to start a flame war, that's why I included the ' if you trust it ' ;) )

Also, it seems that you're gearing up for BIG games with hydration pouches/carriers and radio's.

You might want to wait with those until he gets the hang of it. And with 4000+ BBs in nut-sacks, is it really necessary to carry another 600+ in Hi-Caps :) ?

• 3 months later...

in my opinion, for what it's worth; you should get him a TM 1911. WE stuff, in my limited experience, does develop problems with how many BBs a gassed up mag will spit out; I have found that this can be as low as 15-18 out of the 25 in there...

If my Chinese copies of TM 1911 (two Bell 1911s and an Army MEU) are pretty good (I used bone stock MEU at IPSC tournament and scored pretty high), imagine how good TM is.

Good start.

Are meh. They are not the best imo but they will do for a while.

What kind of boots?

Good

Skip the .20's and grab KSC .25's. Better range and slight gain in accuracy.

Also make sure you get a padded gunner sling.

Dont get a ciras for a support gunner role. That is a lot of bulk and weight you dont need to haul around.

Get a RRV or at most for a PC get a MBSS with 1-2 saw pouches, a radio pouch, and a hydro pouch.

It would be a VERY good idea to replace the box mag with a mag brand mini box mag. Personally i hated the stock box mags on the saws as they were bulky and prevented a comfortable weapon weld.

Unless you have a M4 as a backup this really is not needed as you would have the second box mag.

Hydration and radio and stuff: some carrier, canteens, and maybe use my other radio.

GTG

(good to go)

Get a 2001 type if you must get a helmet. the sides allow heat to escape while keeping the noggin protected.

go for a pair of ESS turbofans. Or if you or your dad is tech and solder savvy run down to the local RadioShack and grab some wire, a minifan for a computer, a micro switch,

some mini zip ties and a 9v connector.

Yes. Get a Elite 9.6 or two. It would be a good battery for a rate of fire. However higher rate of fire means harder use on the GB.

If you want a good deal on batteries head over to MNairsoft.org and PM user GugesMK3 about his battery hookup.

WE is JUNK. Just buy a KWA or KSC 1911 with an extra mag.

Secondary pistol mags

Anything im missing? Any ideas? He is a beginner, has been in military, no active service though.

Which branch? If he had any training then he will or should know what else he may need. Other than that you should be good to go.

Archived