HK33SG1 mags

Kosac

I have a HK33 and i have always wanted to have a sniper mag, similar to the PSG1 mags for it.

Do you think i could convert a Locap into one and if so how?

Also can anyone open up a PSG1 mag and take a pic so i can see what it is like

Thx Kosac

It won't really matter what a G3 mag looks like on the inside, because your going to have to mod a CA33 mag to make this work.

All standard mags has a bb channel and a large spring.

So you would have to take a regular CA mag, slide off the shell, cut the internals in half, cut the shell in half, refabricate...done half mag.

Granted if you have the tools to do it with... :P

The thing is.. it's not a tube, it's a spiralling groove molded into the sides of the internal plastic shell. I don't really see how you could cut that in half and still make it work if you want a capacity of more than 10 shots or so.

I dont think HK ever made 5 round mags for the HK33. I think they only made 25, 30 and 40 rd mags.

Unless there are some 10 or 5 round mags from the ban era in the US I doubt it.

HK 93 used 25-round and 5-round magazines. At least they are mentioned in HK 93 instruction manual (scanned copies can be found on the web).

post-7001-1117969445_thumb.jpg

Kosac, the good news is that you can easily disassemble the CA33E standard magazine (it will takes you 5 min), so you would be able separately cut both plastic sides and the metal cover and shorten the spring to meet the 5 round requirements.

I don't have a camera here at the moment, but I will take pictures of an opened mag and write a short guide how to do it in the most effective way later today/tomorrow.

Anyway I found your idea to be interesting and I will probably try to convert one of my 13 standard mags into 5-round one. :)

Cheers very much Denihilator iw ill buy a lo cap sonn (proably when A2 get thier new site up) and will post pictures when i have done this.

Also anyone got anyideas for refixing the metal case when its cut, or will it need welding?

Hey, I just had a thoutgh: Couldn't you use the internals from one of those littel 28 shot mags that come with the MP5K and just put that into the shortened mag shell?

That'd still be much longer than a PGS1 mag.

I reckon it'd be do-able if you were careful.

Internally you'd need to keep the top and bottom sections and lop a big lump out of the middle. You'd then have to glue the top and bottom portions together and ensure that the join was smooth inside the BB channel.

Externally would be harder. You'd have to neatly saw the bottom of the mag away and bend new tabs to hold the bottom plate. I have no idea what the ridges in the HK33 mag walls are like but I bet this could turn out to be a pain in the *albatross* too.

Incidentally, the PSG1 mags have a clever BB feeder which ensures that ALL the BBs get fed. When your magazine only has a capacity of 15 shots you don't want to be leaving 4 of them in the hop-up.

Dunno why all mags aren't made the same way TBH.

• 2 weeks later...

Greetings, all!

I have dis-assembled several real steel and airsoft G3 mags, and have found that the top part of the magazine is removable. It is very difficult to take off, but it is possible to do so. Thus, an easy way to create a Schutzen Gewehr magazine for the HK33 is simple: remove the cap from the HK33 mag and replace it onto the PSG-1 mag.

-Clifton C.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

I'm new to this forum but have been through this already. Here is my experience. The PSG1 mag is longer than the HK33 simply because it's supposed to be a larger caliber adn does not fit. Secondly the bb holes do not align. Your best bet is to get your cheap hicap mag that comes with the weapon and cut down the external metal shell like in the HK93 pics. Then grab the top part of the HK33 mag plastic internals and the lower portion of the MP5K and glue them together so they fit into the new downsized shell. The only good thing about the PSG1 mag is the BB feeder. Other than that the rest is useless for what you want to do. Hope this helps.

N.O.E-15

Sergeant

Canary Islands

Archived