De-Lisle Carbine from the spare parts bin

jimmiroquai

Hi. Long before i was able to get my hands on a real SMLE stock, I converted a BAR10 Gspec into a SMLE-alike using PVC:

smle2.jpg

After i built an SMLE with a real stock, this was just lying around gathering dust/cannibalized for parts. I couldn't sell it, nor could i convert it to another WW2 rifle without expensive real steel parts. I was bored last night so i decided to convert it into the British De-Lisle silenced carbine.

The De-Lisle is a bolt action carbine chambered for the .45ACP. It was used by British Special Forces during WW2. The large silencer was so effective that racking the bolt was actually louder than the muzzle report.

The goal:

delisle5copy.jpg

Using my previously SMLE-a-mized Bar10-Gspec with a modified plastic Bar10 stock, i just cut where appropriate. I used left over 2inch PVC pipe for the silencer. The fixed rear sight is made out of PVC. Front sight is from the Bar10pro. Hop up is adjusted via allen wrench from the top. Internals are optimized stock left over (all my Bolties have edgi upgrades in them so stock parts abound). Will be ugrading with an Edgi kit when funds allow.

Here it is:

delisle1.jpg

delisle2.jpg

With my SMLE:

delisle4.jpg

Still lots to do cosmetically but i just decided to stop here. Not bad for a project using only spare parts. :)

Thanks! Unfortunately, i wasn't able to take any WIP photos of the delisle. But i have some of the SMLE-a-like.:

smle3.jpg

smle4.jpg

smle5.jpg

The handguard and stock are also filled with expanding foam

Inside the PVC is a bar10 Gspec with silencer. To make it into the delisle, i just cut the stock, took off the silencer, and placed the whole g spec outer barrel into a 2inch PVC tube. To access the hop, i disassembled the hop adjust sliding arm, drilled a hole on the Gspec outer barrel corresponding to the hop arm, and tapped and threaded the PVC tubing and rear sight to accommodate a hex screw. The .45cal magazine is made of layered PVC and secured to the stock with industrial strength super glue, epoxy, and a long wood screw inside the stock. :)

Thanks! It's all stock. I just optimized the internals. Teflon taped the hop-barrel area, changed the piston oring with one from an AEG piston Oring, cut off the airbrake. But it used an old stock spring so it only shoots 350, and accuracy is not that good with the short, stock barrel. When funds allow, i will be upgrading with a full Edgi Kit: 5.98mm id inner barrel, new piston, steel sears, and a higher power spring.

Archived