ACM SVD

Cannot see this becoming a big deal tbh...

Why would you want to go full plastic on a replica that is already pretty damn cheap to begin with... At Hobby e-shop, the A&K dragunov is under 90 dollars... That's less then 40 dollars to go to a full metal "upgrade".

If you are that uptight about a price difference that an already dirt cheap gun has to be made even cheaper by making it a plastic replica... Then maybe this isn't the right hobby for you.

Just my opinion ofc.

As a sidenote: I do see why ppl like chinese clones and how they can be very cost effective. This however is just a step too far imho.

Given the weakness of the barrel design creaking is likely the least of the guns problems

I'm not keen of the idea of the grub screws that hold the barrel in place being mounted in a plastic receiver

Also I assume the receiver wouldn't take well to high power springs either, the FPS on it seems to suggest so

Though that's probably what "light duty" it meant to mean.

If you are that uptight about a price difference that an already dirt cheap gun has to be made even cheaper by making it a plastic replica... Then maybe this isn't the right hobby for you.

I can see people buying this if it is lighter, as plastic is generally lighter than metal.

Could be tempted as a wall hanger, would never use such a long gun myself but it's an important 20th century weapon so should be in my collection. :) Like the look of the 'XUELANG' Smite .32 springer (P1) aswell, nearly bought a real .32 when I first started shooting.

Archived