Decisions, decisions, decisions...

Donut

Ok, my B-day is coming up and I'm looking for a gas gun. My choices are

Maruzen P99 GBB. I like GBB's, they are realistic, but they are kinda weak and the P99 GBB has been known to have issues.

Maruzen P99 NBB. Aside from the realism, it beats the GBB anyday. Better gas effiecency, more powerful, and good or bad accuracy (No recoil but heavy trigger)

Maybe... TM Hi-Capa. I might consider this, but I like the single stack 1911's better (Can't afford a WA tho) so I might just wait till TM comes out with their M1911A1 later, after I get more money.

Alternate... Since it gets quite cold here, I live in Washington. US. average temp is around Hi-90's Lo-20's. I might get the TM G18C AEP. But again, the power issue and un-realism comes back.

Some suggestions would be helpful, thanks. :)

Even CO2 gets crappy in the cold, just not as fast:D

My vote goes to the Hicapa. Nice gun, runs well on 134, and no problems yet with propane. I kind of want a P99 myself, but not a NBB. GBBs are boatloads more fun.

Well, I got to pick up a P99 a few weeks back, after wanting one for a while. And I thought ew. The slide was grey, and the frame closer to black. It just looked wrong.

I have NBB mk23, so the P99 there really looks insignificant.

Which leaves the hicapa, which is apparently quite nice. Sounds nice when someone fires it.

I like what I've been hearing about the Hi-capa, but I was never a fan of the double stacked 1911's (Hands are too small...) But if the preformance out weighs the cosmetics I will still go for it. I like the P99's look and the functional silencer, but the preformance is sketchy.... AHHH can't decide. A big factor is still the cold, that means I can only use the gun half or less than half of the year... :headbutt:

Thanks for all the inputs so far though. :)

EDIT: OK, screw it, I'm going with the TM Hi-capa or KJW P14.45 now. The question here is, is the KJW accurate enough? and does it work realitively well in cold weather (I know all gas guns don't work well, but the KJW uses HFC 22.) If not, then I'll buy the Hi-capa now, then maybe come back for the Maruzen around Christmas.

Btw, anyone got any news to when the new TM GBB's are coming out?

Just a thought: What about the metal KJW Para instead of the TM HiCapa?

No personal experience but I just thought I'd mention it so those who DO know about it can give their opinions.

Incidentally, I just placed an order with WGC and added one of those Taiwanese metal HICapa knock-offs to it. Can't wait to see what it's like.

No personal experience but I just thought I'd mention it so those who DO know about it can give their opinions.

Incidentally, I just placed an order with WGC and added one of those Taiwanese metal HICapa knock-offs to it. Can't wait to see what it's like.

*cue big puppy eyes* :wide-eyed: I'd love to see a review of the Taiwan Hi-capa!!

I might consider the Taiwanese Hi-capa then. If it preforms good, I'm looking for guns that are accurate and reliable, sometimes cosmetics, but a little power won't hurt. ;)

Btw, isn't P14.45 the same as the Para?

Want a Single stack, Full Metal, 1911? KJW Makes one, goes for about 100 bucks around the web. I think there is a review here...

I was thinking about that, but trades is a biggie for me (especially for the 1911, I'm a big 1911 .45 ACP fan). I'd be all-over the KJW M1911A1 if it had trades. If I really want a M1911 GBB, I'll probably wait till TM comes out with theirs, but now I'm looking for a gas gun just to familiarize myself and have fun. (Plus, my friend is getting a Maruzen MP5K... I need something to combat that, as now I only have a Toystar M4A1 and a TM M1911A1 spring)

Btw, is there a difference between the P14.45 and the Para FMV?

Archived