Attention to all NAE 2011 Attendees.

FireKnife

Right as it is very likely that i will be attending the GZ Weekender (unless my car explodes or i am put in hosptial) i was wondering in that sea of 1000+ people how would Arnies members (and anyone curious of joining our discussions) find us among the cars and tents.

Now i propose to either have a song or a flag that way play / display to allow people to find each other. Possible we could also have a patch made up to show our support of Arnies in game.

Now the purpose of this thread is to find ideas and options as to what members would find an effective way of finding each other both in and out of game. Put your suggestions and we will have a poll for the 3-4 most popular in a month or so.

Finally please note that this is not a reason to show off, merely to find members and have a laugh together, there will be no exclusions of people that wish to come and find out more about us and we will not use this as a mud slinging set up against Z1, its forum and player base. It is just to get the Arnies players that spend time posting on here together and to add more to the ranks if possible, not to lord it over others.

'FireKnife'

I am for the following in this order:

- Flag: Yes, please. Preferably big one, that can be seen from 100 yards. Say, we take the logo of this forum (with Arnie's permission of course) and print it out and attach it to cars, tents, slow moving grandmas to show where we are.

- Patch: Yes, please. Provided someone knows a good shop where we can get a lot made in short time for relatively cheap (Elektrowerkz patch from 2008 pops into mind, but I don't know who had them made)

- Music: Dunno. I know that we won't have any equipment that can produce loud noise for a long time (lotsa baked beans, perhaps? But that produces smell as well). Maybe, singing drunken airsofters could be a clue, but I bet there will be many of them there :)

Well flag does seem the way to go.

However for music i prompt for something either from Austrian Death Machine (it is Arnie msuic after all ;)) or something so terrible that you can hear it a mile off (not Rebecca Black though, please no).

As for patches cheapest i can find is about £3 per custom patch and that is just for basic lettering and coloured back ground (in which case i would suggest a white Arnies on blue background as the forum logo).

'FireKnife'

As for "official" Arnies GZ song I vote for Megadeth: Duke Nukem Remix. It's so geeky no one else would be playing it there. that's for sure.

Could do, though i have the original version somewhere, time to listen to it :P

@FireKnife: Damn you. Just made me listen to that song again.

Any excuse eh ;)

'FireKnife'

Possibly, we shall see what other ideas come up and them put them in a future poll to see what the final outcome is.

At least i know my car radio and MP3 can work and play this wsong loud enough to hear.

'FireKnife'

Ghost Division or Panzer Battalion by Sabaton is an idea but it will be up to a vote so will see how that goes.

Ideally we want something distinct that we will know about and will flock to :P

Or we could use 40-1 as that is probably the ratio of Z1 players to Arnies players at the site.

'FireKnife'

My lot (Pretty much the entirety of the North East airsofters) have tried thsi over the years, to meet up and th elikes but it always fails. My group was around 20 last time anyway so it didnt matter.

But aye, If I can manage to get there again this year, Ill be happy to meet up, and I vote for a flag AND a patch...I loves patches.

Also, Dave, cant wait to finally meet and kick the ###### out of you :P:P

Right, well i have had a look and if we want patches it may be a small fee and will only be a basic one colour type on one colour background patch but i will see what we can do.

Ideally we need someone on here to say 'huddle round me' or pick an area to use. I would be happy to put myself up for this but i have only a small car and plan to sleep in it so wont have tent space etc.

Either way i am happy to have my car or area as a rally point for the Arnies crew if i can arrange such a thing.

'FireKnife'

I say whoever gets there first should choose an area big enough for lot of ppl and raise "The Flag" so the newly arriving can find it. Last year we were at the back of the site that bordered with the playing area. It was less noisy than at the front with all the staff and the shops and vans. I guess that area would be big enough this year, too.

The lot that go down from my site always camp in the same place: Immediately on the left as soon as you are in the camping field.

Not too far from the shops/playing field and easy to find.

If anyone wants to camp near us you're more than welcome, my lot are a friendly bunch. :)

EDIT: am booked on to team : OTHERS.

Might take you up on that as i will need to find someone i can at least chat with :P

As fot team, i personally don't care which one i am on, may just plump for whatever the majority here goes for, all i am after is the fun.

'FireKnife'

Archived