VFC Scar - no range

harborne blue

Decided that I like my SCAR after all and will keep it so added a new hop (Madbull sharfin thingy) and a tighbore (again Madbull).

The gun fires fine, chronos at 310 but has no range - 30m at best before the BBs drop off. I've put a few hundred rounds in to bed down the hop but no improvement. Does anyone have any ideas? The range was lousy with a std VFC hop rubber hence the change...

Ditch the madbull rubber and replace with a TM one. At that kinda fps level TM are perfectly fine.

Madbull rubbers are absolute junk.

Also: check the nub is present and located correctly, and that you are actually getting some adjustment.

Do this by taking the unit out, looking down the barrel and turning it all the way off and on a few times and checking that it is moving.

Did you use the madbull spacer with the rubber? Sometimes those jam in hop-ups and prevent adjustment. On top of that madbull rubbers are terrible in the first place. I've been getting stellar range with a stock hip-up so you may want to make sure everything is ok with it and check your airseal.

Ditch the madbull rubber and replace with a TM one. At that kinda fps level TM are perfectly fine.

Madbull rubbers are absolute junk.

TM should be a fine choice, but.... I've got Madbull blue rubbers in 2 of my setups, and the performance is fantastic. Every hop unit likes different rubbers for some odd reason, and the best results always come from testing several different buckings and nubs.

Archived