Airsoft guns for sale in Blackpool markets.

Four Leaf

Don't forget you only using a ukara membership to prove that you're a skirmisher, its not the be all and end all when it comes to proof (although it is a very good one).

I would imagine none of these sellers will have any issues until one of their customers does something stupid with a bb fun and gets arrested, then if they are identified to the police as the sellers they may get questioned.

I agree that we don't want our sport brought into disrepute.

To ensure the protection of the sport you need an organisation like ukapu to start a pr campaign to let people know that there is a sport called airsoft, where we do use replica fire arms, but they are not just toy bb guns.

I

Playing a game I love is hardly working my *albartroth* off. If you think attending 3 games in no less than 2 months is a chore then I think you are in the wrong hobby.

I love it as both a game and a sport, It came out wrong, what I meant was It was a pain in the *Algorythm* to get the UKARA System in place and keep the sport going, People had to work their *Algorythm's* off to make sure it lasted and was excepted, and we're still fighting the bad press today, Is what I meant...

I was in Ilfracombe a few months ago visiting the sea life centre, afterwards my other half and I walked around the shops down there. I was in a similar position to the OP, I couldn't believe it when I saw a shop openly selling RIFs, they were out side in boxes and there were unboxed ones in the windows. I went over for a closer look expecting springers, but most of them were ACM AK's and M4's being sold for around £100 to £150 and as most of know, looking even more realistic than most springers. No two tone, no transparent bodies, not even an orange tip in sight.

Like the OP said, my girlfriend was also shocked. I went in and asked the chap there if I needed any special ID to buy one, he told me that 'they're toys so no licence or anything of the kind was necessary'. I couldn't believe what I was hearing. It's the first time I had seen anything like it.

I too, thought about reporting it to someone. I stayed in Ilfracombe for a week, and I must admit by the time I went home I had completely forgotten about it until I saw this thread.

It certainly seems like a difficult situation, on one hand I really want to inform the relevant bodies (whoever they are?) and have stuff like this stopped but with the obvious point made that I am an avid airsofter. Of course, on the other hand I think that most crucial bit of info would be lost amid the 'OMG, people buying gun shaped objects on the streets freely, get me a megaton of banhammer stat'.

So... I don't know what the answer is. Wait and hope a fragile balance is maintained where these naive or unethical (possibly both) sellers carry on, or attempt to make a difference and risk watching the system fall like a stack of cards. I guess time will tell, and hopefully common sense will prevail, however people seem to constantly remind me on a daily basis that common sense is a lost science :(

This is the problem, I'm a UKAPU member, quite heavily involved and it hasn't slipped our notice, however, you can't just jump up and down and shout "The VCRA isn't working you can buy guns easy still." Like has been said before, from a politicians viewpoint, all he sees is. Ban 'em all. The only thing I can suggest at the moment is to write in with the details of any shop to UKAPU so we have a list of stores known to be breaking the law.

Archived